Recent Topics

1 Jan 31, 2008 20:01    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

hi i have problems with the server off cet settings. i need tochange it but every time i do it gos back to 0 when i click save my blogis located at http://jacc82.co.cc any suggestions or anything i gratly like im using the most resent stable version

2 Feb 02, 2008 20:50

can't anyone help me with? iknow theold vershion did nothave thisproblem... there hast tobe somthing i can do

3 Feb 02, 2008 20:58

Hi starfish20. Yeah this should not be a problem but obviously it is for you.

Did this start right after you upgraded? If so we have to consider the upgrade process as the root of all evil. I suspect you have a corrupted (zombified) file on your server. Everyone knows a shotgun is the best defense against zombies, so let's take a shotgun to this problem and see if it cures it.

Download the package again from the downloads page and unzip it on your computer. Using your favorite FTP program, which might be something your host gives you via cpanel, DELETE the entire "inc" folder from your server. If the zombie-file was in there it's gone, so now upload the entire "inc" folder from the freshly unzipped package you just downloaded.

No way to tell if your first download went bad, or unzipping, or uploading, or if this is even the issue. But if we replace EVERYTHING from the download of the package to the upload to your server and a corrupted file was the root cause then it'll be fixed with this "shotgun" approach.

4 Feb 12, 2008 01:10

hm well ilose my blogentrys bydoing this? just want toknowifishould backup the database lol

5 Feb 12, 2008 01:42

You should always have a backup of your database handy, but NOT because of replacing the inc folder. The folder itself will not change your database. Just make sure that you are replacing "inc" with the same version that you currently have on your server, meaning the same version of b2evolution. So like if you have 2.3.0-RC1 then download it again and unzip it to get the "230 version of inc".

Form is loading...