Recent Topics

1 Feb 02, 2008 13:36    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4

Probably a bit of a limitation of the skin I started with (miami blue), but I need the side bar text to be controlled separately from the body text. You can see my problem in the image. The body text in the css is colored green in the picture attached, so you can see that it affects the sidebar too. I want to make the body text black, but obviously that won't work on the sidebar since the background is black.

I can't find where I edit the css/php to split up the style for the sidebar widgets. Does it have something to do with the $wi_class$ thing in the admin section? I read EdB's post on that and guess I still don't understand it 100%.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks guys! :)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k279/rhustang/text_color.jpg

2 Feb 02, 2008 13:54

In your main style sheet look for something like...
Note:discregard most of the CSS properties and just change color:# to what you want it to be.....

.widget_core_coll_search_form {
display: inline;
text-align: center;
padding: 0;
color: #bb9;
font-size: 90%;
margin: 0 27px;
}
and for the Feeds...
.widget_core_coll_xml_feeds

If you still have problems provide a link to your site

3 Feb 02, 2008 13:55

Note that you could/should be able to edit the bSideBar or bSidebarItem for the same results.

4 Feb 02, 2008 13:56

you can use the ID of the container. The sidebar is called #sidebar. But do scan you page for more containers,since they have different IDs ...

Good luck

5 Feb 02, 2008 13:58

John wrote:

Note that you could/should be able to edit the bSideBar or bSidebarItem for the same results.

Yes it may be *in your skin* it is .bSideBar. Then you can use that and #sidebar won't work.

--F

6 Feb 03, 2008 00:05

Ugh, total brain cramp on my part, sorry guys. I shouldn't work on things at 4am. :)

The color just wasn't defined in the .bsidebar, so it was defaulting to the body color. I'm not an expert css guy, but I know that...lol.

Thanks though! :)

Form is loading...