Recent Topics

1 Feb 09, 2008 17:31    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.x

Hi all,

After deciding what blogs and categories I needed on our site I created them and then I realized that I needed to add a few more. Now the layout of the blogs is out of order.

How can I align the blogs and categories in the correct order that I need them?

Please advise.

Thank you,

~TITSSN~

3 Feb 09, 2008 18:12

Hi Afwas,

A good day to you my friend. Your help has been nothing less than perfect.

Thank you for the info on that plugin. I installed it but I don't see anywhere that it presents itself for use. I am perusing the admin panel some more to find it.

Thanks a mil.

~TITSSN~
http://titssn.net/blogs

4 Feb 09, 2008 18:54

Probably you'll like to visit "Blog settings -> pick a blog -> widgets" but I'm only guessing. Heck even if it's not there you'll see some stuff that I *know* you'll wish you had your camera with you ;)

6 Feb 09, 2008 21:39

Hi TITSIN,

I made a little modified AM Bloglist plugin that allows you to sort the bloglist. Use it in stead of your existing AM Bloglist plugin. You can use it in the same place where now your Public Bloglist Widget is.
Hope you like it
**Discontinued**
There will be an announcement later today

Good luck

7 Feb 09, 2008 22:36

Second version through the same download link.
This version adds some protection against fawlty user input.

8 Feb 09, 2008 22:38

Afwas,

I'll trust you and install it :-), thank you. I did and I still am not seeing where it provides functionality.

Also, i'm seeing a new problem where when I create a post it's not showing up on the main page that aggregates all the blogs. So i'm trying to figure that out as well.

10 Feb 10, 2008 00:35

Afwas,

Still no go. I saw something that allowed me to set the sequence of the categories. I set them in the order I wanted and apply them and it still doesn't change.

Your thoughts.

11 Feb 10, 2008 01:28

The plugin is meant to be a replacement for the Public Bloglist widget.
You can experiment with this plgin in the sidebar or in one of both top bars.

It's alive in my blog: http://www.blog.hemminga.net/index.php?blog=8 Notice the order of the bloglist is different from any of the other blogs.
But as usual I did find a bug. It worked flawless with three blogs in the Public Blog List, but with more blogs the order seems to be somewhat random and most certainly not what i expected.

The widget is trained to NOT change the order of the bloglist if the number of the blogs you enter does not correspond with the numbers available. So if there are five blogs to be displayed in the list, enter five in the settings.

I will present an enhanced version when ready.

Good luck

12 Feb 10, 2008 14:21

Hi TITSSN,

I struggled long and hard with the algorithm only to find out that the most obvious did the trick.
Never mind that.
Later today I will announce a brand new plugin/widget that arranges the Public Blog list any way you want.

14 Apr 20, 2010 15:16

Is this still the best thing to reorder blogs? I'd hate to add more confusion to the issue by attempting to download/install/use an outdated widget. :)

Form is loading...