Recent Topics

1 Feb 11, 2008 12:03    

Afwas,

Perfect, it works woooweee. I wish it was core plugin that once installed on the main replicates by default to all other blogs. I edited them manually and they are all the same now.

Thank you. So far things have been falling into place and I only have 2 noticable issues that if fixxed, will be ok.

1. When i'm in the Blogs Settings and looking at the blogs list I see my 10 blogs listed by ID #s below it. However, the menu panel to the right only shows 6 of them. That seems like a bug in the code or it is written to only display 6 of them.

2. On the TITSSN page, i'm not seeing the listing of posts from other blog categories. I had set that blog up as the main blog that lists all public posts but it's not doing so.

Is there a way to fix this or am i doing something wrong?

Please advise. I am thinking I should have started a new topic with these 2 issues as I don't think they are related to my initial question but I don't know if/when/where the code changed.

2 Feb 11, 2008 12:02

TITSSN wrote:

1. When i'm in the Blogs Settings and looking at the blogs list I see my 10 blogs listed by ID #s below it. However, the menu panel to the right only shows 6 of them. That seems like a bug in the code or it is written to only display 6 of them.

You can use the blogchooser dropdown on the very right of the bar.
Suggestions of a better layout of this bar are welcome.
TITSSN wrote:

2. On the TITSSN page, i'm not seeing the listing of posts from other blog categories. I had set that blog up as the main blog that lists all public posts but it's not doing so.

Blog settings -> Advanced -> Aggregation [Admin]
Here you have a similar list tothis plugin. Add the other blogs and you have an aggregation blog on your opening page
TITSSN wrote:

Please advise. I am thinking I should have started a new topic with these 2 issues as I don't think they are related to my initial question but I don't know if/when/where the code changed.

Yes,
I move this post the the support forum. The idea being that this questions have noting to do with the plugin apart from the similarity between the input textfield from the Blog aggregation and the plugin's list of available blogs.

Have fun

3 Feb 11, 2008 16:57

Afwas,

I gotta tell you my friend, you're an invaluable asset to this forum and the Blogs tool. Thank you for your continued assistance through these issues.

I did the aggregation and I get this message when I put the blogs in,

Invalid aggregate blog ID list!

Am I doing something wrong?

As for moving the post to a new support forum, thank you.

I feel very good with the way my board is coming along and I owe mcuh to you for your help with it.

4 Feb 11, 2008 17:07

It's a comma separated list, but you cannot add spaces. I fixed this in the plugin, where you *can* add spaces.
Thanks for the compliments

Good luck

5 Feb 11, 2008 18:14

Afwas,

Here's a list of the blog IDs on my board 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13 and that's what I added to the section that says Blogs to aggregate.

I thought that since TITSSN is ID1 I would omit it but the same error comes back.

What am I doing wrong?

Please advise.

6 Feb 11, 2008 18:29

I meant to say that you cannot enter spaces in the list, so:
will work.

Good luck

7 Feb 11, 2008 18:35

Afwas,

:-). Oh well, that worked :-).

Take a look at it now. It works fine. You're the man. I was merely following the instructions and adding the spaces.

I wonder why the date on the calender is so stretched out now.

Hmm.

8 May 02, 2008 17:16

Hello there,

Thank you so much for this! I finally updated form 1.8 just for this plugin (and broke my carefully crafted skin in the process but a catalyst for change is a good thing).

I've unchecked the option to advertise some of my (notionally archived) blogs that I don't want to appear in my blog listing and I get an error on my first blog:

The number of items in the settings for the Sorted Bloglist widget does not match the number of blogs.
sizeof( $sort_blogs ) = 10
sizeof( $blogKeys ) = 6

The formatting around the links to the other blogs is also broken, however on all of my other blogs there is no problem.

Any ideas?

TIA

Mark Clarkson

PS: [url=http://voyager.egglescliffe.org.uk/mwc/b2e/blogs]Clicky![/url][/url]

9 May 02, 2008 17:28

D'oh! I was, of course, modifying the global setting and not the widget. Apologies.

Form is loading...