Recent Topics

1 Feb 25, 2008 16:58    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Bear with me, as I'm not completely sure how this all works anyway, but I can't seem to get an answer from anyone else.

I have a b2evolution blog hosted through www.accidentalhedonist.com; readers of the site can register and have their own blog through the site and so I did this a few weeks ago.

I get a huge amount of trackback spam and am trying to figure out how to turn off trackbacks. I assume this would be under "blog settings" but when I try to click on that, I get this error:

An unexpected error has occured!
If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.
Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:
Requested Blog from T_blogs without ID!

I have no idea what to do about this. Any suggestions??

2 Mar 01, 2008 06:15

Hi karenelizabeth. Welcome to the forums!

That is a very odd-seeming error to me, especially for a 1.10.* installation because that is a very stable release package. Okay so let's figure this out then!

You are a blogger on that system yah? Can you create categories and such? You can see the "blog settings" tab but clicking it gives you that error - correct? When you get a trackback from a spammer do you see the little "ban" symbol, and if so does it work for you? Meaning can you click it and get the offending domain name banned and deleted and reported to antispam central?

Just trying to figure out what types of permissions you have that could explain why you can't just turn off trackbacks...

I will have to set myself up with an account on my infrequently-used 1.10.3 test installation and see if I can't make it so I can have a blog settings tab that I can't actually use.

Also have you talked to the system admin there about this issue? IF there is some sort of hacking or plugin that created the blog for you then MAYBE there is a funny thing happening because of the way the blog was created. OTOH if the blog was created by an actual person clicking options then I should be able to duplicate this problem - and hopefully find a solution.

3 Mar 01, 2008 16:56

Yes, I can create categories and I can see the blog settings tab, but clicking it always gives me the same error.

When I get a trackback from a spammer, all I can do is: Edit; Publish; Deprecate; or Delete. I don't see a "ban" symbol.

I think higher permissions have been set for the admin of the main hosting website "accidentalhedonist.com" but not for individual bloggers on the site.

I've emailed their admin, just waiting to hear back.

4 Mar 01, 2008 18:14

Okay cool. Yeah "the admin" (ID #1) pretty much is all-powerful. What I think happened here is you fell into a "bug" of sorts where you get to see a tab but not access it.

Another thing to ask the site admin about is accessing the antispam system because I'm pretty sure that where you see the "edit, delete, ... " options on a trackback you should also see a ban symbol. Not where those buttons are, but up at the top of the trackback where it shows the URL that allegedly tracked back to you.

OTOH turning off trackbacks pretty much fixes trackback spam :)

Form is loading...