Recent Topics

1 Feb 26, 2008 16:22    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi all,
I'm completely new to b3evolution so I apologise in advance for my ignorance..

I have a website, designed in Adobe Golive and I need to add 'news' section on the homepage with snippets of the most recent news and 'read more' links that go to more indepth coverage of the details elsewhere. (And then a 'news' page with the most recent news fully displayed and links to 'archived news')

I really have no idea how to do this and am wondering if b2evolution would be a solution? Is it possible to 'drop it in' to my HTML homepage or does it have to stand alone?

Thanks!

2 Feb 26, 2008 16:27

Hi bonniepirate,

Welcome to the forums.

I think B2evo is much too large for what you want. It could do what you want: make the news as a post and import it to your site as RSS. Then there will be links to theblog with the full article. But if this is the only thing you want I suggest you look for another lightweight solution.

Good luck

3 Mar 09, 2008 16:49

Afwas have you any suggestion of something lightweight that you can recommend, please?

4 Mar 09, 2008 17:05

Hi All4data,

The basic idea is that B2evo is a Content Management System. You want to use it as the core of your site. From it you can do all sorts of things, manage your home page is only one of those. If you or bonniepirate are mainly concerned with the front page than a rss reader widget (javascript / ajax) would be ideal. On the other hand if it's all about the other pages (a news section, a sports section with multiple authors etc etc) then B2evo is a good choice.

I don't have enough experience with other products, but do have a look at Joomla. You can use Wordpress if a single blog is all you need. Other names are Movable Type among literally thousands of others.

Good luck

Form is loading...