Recent Topics

1 Feb 26, 2008 17:03    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

The Dead Links site at http://www.dead-links.com/check_links.php would run on my 1.10.x blog.

Now that I've upgraded to 2.4 and redid my site layout and skin, the link checker fails to find my site (www.thewildlifeporch.com). It does indicate that the site may be timing out and not responding.

Is there something inside the html head tag in 2.4 that would cause a delay or cause a tool like this not to run? My cursory search didn't reveal anything like a no-robot or anything.

Ideas?

- Cindy Rae

2 Feb 26, 2008 17:59

It's crawling me right now, which is certainly one of the weirder things I've ever written online.

3 Feb 26, 2008 18:07

It is still doing it's thing. It seems to be looking at every link on every page. Like message forms and comments and stuff.

Okay it seems to be finishing up now. That's a weird little utility. I recall something similar a long time ago that had options for how deep and far it should go.

Anyway I guess I'm about to learn how many dead links I have :)

4 Feb 26, 2008 18:43

Okay not so many dead links. Nice to see where a page has been redirected or whatever it's called when it shows me the URL it actually found.

Back on track: I can't see anything in the head section of your page that would cause that tool to fail, but I did notice it checks your URL and can't find it. Hmmm... So I tested a permalink page http://www.thewildlifeporch.com/2008/02/25/artistic-and-elegant-bird-feeders and it was okay starting to crawl that page.

Dunno what that means, but perhaps it'll help you find the answer given that you know all the file changes you made to make your skin happen.

Oh hey here's an idea: change to either evopress or custom and ask it to crawl you again. IF evopress works and your skin doesn't then it's your skin. If evopress fails then it's something outside your skin.

I've no idea what though.

5 Feb 26, 2008 20:03

It must have something to do with the timing... I had to try the same single-post link you tried twice to get it to work. When it did, it failed on the link to the home page.

I tried the homepage again a couple of times, and it actually worked once this time around.

I'll try the different skin idea late tonight (don't want to confuse too many of my few readers).

Thanks,

Cindy Rae

Form is loading...