Recent Topics

1 Feb 27, 2008 20:26    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4

I have two sites running b2evo 2.4; I got up this morning to find the following identical messages on the sites:

An unexpected error has occured!
If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page

Additional information about this error:
MySQL error!

Error establishing a database connection!

(Access denied for user 'youramer_mryan'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

Are you sure you have typed the correct user/password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?

The sites were working fine yesterday and I have made no changes to the sites settings. The password it gives above is obviously not my password.

Also, I've checked two other sites using seperate MySQL datatbases off the same server and there seems to be no problem there.

Here's one of the sites I'm having the problem with:
http://www.youramericanfork.com/

2 Feb 28, 2008 00:15

Can you access your site via your host? Like: get to cpanel and see your databases in phpmyadmin? I'd be making sure the database is still there, and I'd be comparing the date/time stamps and byte sizes on the files in my /conf/ folder on my server and my computer to see if there is anything hinky going on.

3 Feb 28, 2008 03:12

EdB wrote:

Can you access your site via your host? Like: get to cpanel and see your databases in phpmyadmin?

Yes, I even ran the diagnostics and repair options that were available in the cpanel, and they said everything is fine.

I did install a new shopping cart on a seperate new database. That's the only thing I can think of that might affect it, but shouldn't.

4 Feb 28, 2008 03:19

How about comparing the conf/_basic_config.php from your local copy to your server version? If the file on your server went belly up then you won't be able to connect anymore is what I'm thinking.

5 Feb 28, 2008 03:25

Problem solved :

The fact that I created a new database with the same username but a different password for the shopping cart via the cpanel database setup wizard also changed the passwords for the other databases. Strange. Oh well, we live and learn.

I feel much better about re-doing work on the cart than on my b2evo sites.

Thanks EdB for trying to help. It helped me sort through the possibilities.

Form is loading...