Recent Topics

1 Mar 10, 2008 09:08    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Not sure if I am getting this right but been at it for hours now... In the Admin interface for b2evo ver 2.4.0 "Venetian" under Blogs, Blog Settings, General Parameters, Full Name I entered the name used on this site http://www.profitwhileyoudrive/index.php but want to use a custom image or title. Also, following the instructions below pasted from a different post I removed the "Big Date and Time" in each post but would like to customize that area also with an image or the actual title I want. Do I edit a css or php file? Thanks.

Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi hmccorkle !

On your _main.php, find this,
Quote:
// ------------------------------------ START OF POSTS ----------------------------------------
if( isset($MainList) ) $MainList->display_if_empty(); // Display message if no post
if( isset($MainList) ) while( $Item = $MainList->get_item() )
{
$MainList->date_if_changed();
?>
<div class="bPost bPost<?php $Item->status( 'raw' ) ?>" lang="<?php $Item->lang() ?>">

and delete
Quote:
$MainList->date_if_changed();

so that it may look like
Quote:
// ------------------------------------ START OF POSTS ----------------------------------------
if( isset($MainList) ) $MainList->display_if_empty(); // Display message if no post
if( isset($MainList) ) while( $Item = $MainList->get_item() )
{

?>
<div class="bPost bPost<?php $Item->status( 'raw' ) ?>" lang="<?php $Item->lang() ?>">

2 Mar 10, 2008 14:45

Hi warpdog22,

Welcome to the forums.

You are currently on the "custom" skin. This means that you want to edit the files in the /skins/custom/ folder. You work on the file style.css mainly. Adding or removing elements can be done in the index.main.php file.

Currently there is an error on the blog. The ?> is a closing tag statement for a php statement. I think it's a left over from you removing the dat. It's probably the ?> that's half way the code you posted.

You can change the header in style.css. If you have an image of correct size (740px wide ??px high) you can use it in the div.pageheader. Furthermore you can choose if you want the text generated by the blog or not. To disable the text, put a statement like:

visibility: hidden

in div.pageheader h1

You can do something similar with the post titles.

Do ask if you have subsequent questions.

Good luck

What version of B2evo are you using? I saw an 1.10 when the blog was up, but you are talking about a 2.4. Are you still experimenting?

3 Mar 11, 2008 08:22

Thanks for the reply. I will work on it. I thought for sure I had downloaded and installed ver 2.4. I am experimenting to an extent but am really just wanting to add a few comsmetic touches and move on. I did notice that when I installed I did not have a "blog" folder. All was installed at the root of the web server so folders like "skins" and others are right under the public/html folder. Is that ok? Should I re-install? Much thanks again!

4 Mar 11, 2008 14:39

Hi warpdog212,

You can have the blog in the root. If you want it in a folder, like /blog/, then you move all B2evo related folders and files form the root to that folder and then change $baseurl in /blogs/conf/_basic_config.php

Good luck

Form is loading...