Recent Topics

1 Mar 13, 2008 22:58    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

So I decided to try b2evolution:
first I installed b2 via fantastico, figured out how to get it mostly configured. I make a first post on it. then I looked it in a new browser window.
Looks fine, my post and titles, and setting of everything is all how I set it, I pushed the save button and all that. looked fine in the browser.

but then i came back a couple hours later, and everything I did is gone, back to a completely blank install?

How can this happen? I don't see how I can use this software if it's going to do things like this.

Anyone have any idea?

2 Mar 13, 2008 23:36

hi barone331,

Welcome to the forums.
I don't think this happens to all blogs. Do you have a link?

3 Mar 13, 2008 23:48

yeah,
nintendoreview.com
this was a very strange experience, since I got it set up and put up a post and saved all the changes, then it was just back to a plain installation.

Have you heard of this happening before? I was really liking b2, my favorite blog software I have tried but now I'm afraid to use it.

4 Mar 14, 2008 00:13

Looks like nothing wrong with your blog. However I don't know what happened with your posts - I do have an idea.
Go to the backoffice -> App settings -> General -> Display options and set Default blog to display: to "Blog A".

Now for your posts. I am a magician. You didn't know that, so I tell you. I can see through blogs. If you go to Backoffice -> Posts I can see all your posts there. I predict that if you do nothing and tomorrow you wake up, the posts will be on your blog.

However, you can put them on your blog now also. What most likely happened is this: The server time is differetn than your local time. If your server is East of you, then you have litereally posted into the future. The post will show up if the server reaches the time set to the post.

So you want to change this timetroubles. You can. In Backoffice -> App settings -> Time difference you can set the time. Find out what time it is on the server and put the difference in the box.

You can also edit your post and change the timestamp there. If you set it a few hours to one day back in time, it will surely match 'before now' on the server and the posts will show up.

Good luck

Form is loading...