Recent Topics

1 Mar 18, 2008 04:13    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi all,

I am new to using b2evolution. My website is www.blogmyviews.com

I want to let users to write their own blogs/posts once they register. I've tried setting different user permission but that doesn't seem to work. Can someone point me to the right direction as to what i need to configure in order to let users write?

Thank you in advance.

Steven
www.blogmyviews.com

2 Mar 18, 2008 05:45

Hi
I assume you have registered users.
In Blog Settings have you gone to the Features Tab and checked the box beside Use advanced perms? ( down the bottom)

Multiple authors
Use advanced perms:

Also....
have you gone to Blog Settings and clicked on the Group Permissions tab?

3 Mar 18, 2008 14:43

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. I have those turned on. However user is still unable to write post/blog. Can you please advise or take a look at my site? Thank you for all your help.

Regards,
Steven
www.blogmyviews.com

4 Mar 18, 2008 14:55

Well, I register but can't get access at all!!!
Sorry but I don't know whats causing that....
Hopefully someone will come along that does know.

Have you tried using the "custom" skin? It might be a skin issue.

5 Mar 18, 2008 21:39

Can someone please shed light on this issue? Thanks!

6 Mar 19, 2008 00:05

to keep it more simple;

1. go to Backoffice//Blog Settings//Features tab:
2. scroll down to the bottom and you will see "multiple users" option

3. check the "Use advanced perms:" turn it on.

http://i31.tinypic.com/2mwe6hu.jpg

4. Now go to ; Backoffice//Blog Settings//Group Perms tab:

now you should see sth like that:

http://i27.tinypic.com/34i4u2x.jpg

and now check for the group type which is supposed to be able to post as "published" directly, or "draft" which needs you to approve before being published..

hope this is quite understandable for you..

7 Mar 19, 2008 00:24

Also, in 240 and I assume 241, on the users tab click the name of each group bloggers are in so that you can set the option for "access to the admin area" to something that works. Default seems to be "not allowed".

8 Mar 19, 2008 00:30

thank you for the additional info, and sorry for my half-ass translated interface :) .. i was on my way to complete it right before i went abroad.. it has stuck at %40... now that i am back i guess i might complete it...

is a turkish translation needed for 2.4 nevada stable or any in progress ?

9 Mar 19, 2008 04:04

Thank you all for the prompt response and help.

The enable admin access did it for me. Thank you again.

Best regards,
Steven
www.blogmyviews.com

10 Oct 27, 2008 01:44

Where has the nice tickboxes gone in 2.42 ? I am struggling to figure how to make every post a DRAFT so I can just approve the posts before they appear in the blog. I have tried the file located elsewhere in this forum that just overwrites a file, this doesn't seem to work properly either.

Any help appreciated.

11 Nov 07, 2008 09:01

Zidoas wrote:

Thank you all for the prompt response and help.

The enable admin access did it for me. Thank you again.

Best regards,
Steven
www.blogmyviews.com

Hi.

Where is this 'enable admin access' parameter located for v.2.4.5?

I'm setting up a 'Group Blog' and trying to login in as a 'Basic User' and getting an 'Access Denied' error when logging into the Admin side, which I thought was the only side in which to create posts.

I have the following User Permissions setup for a test user:

Is Member; Publ; L=1; Edit Own Posts; Basic User group

Note: I have no check marks for the Basic User 'group permissions', only those at the 'user permissions' level. I didn't think I'd have to change the 'group' permissions from all being unchecked. I figured the user level permissions overrides the group level permissions. Is this true? :?:

What else is necessary to get this to work? :?:

Thanks.

12 Nov 07, 2008 13:18

Admin > Users > edit group > tick either visible or hidden admin link

¥

13 Nov 07, 2008 23:10

Thanks ¥åßßå, that did it! I hadn't clicked on those group links before as I'm just getting to that part of this software's configuration.

One thing I noticed on that "Users" page, it only shows 3 user groups. I didn't realize there was a 'Bloggers' user group until after I created one myself when I went to put demouser in it.

The questions now are,

1) In Admin ->Users, how to show 'all' of the user groups available versus only 3 at a time? I'm trying to delete a user group I created but can't delete it because I can't see it on that page unless there's a user in it but then I can't delete because it has members (Catch 22). :?:

2) As an administrator, how do I see or change which blogs a specific user has access to without going to each blog individually or logging in as that user and viewing their list of blogs? :?:

Thanks.

14 Nov 08, 2008 16:44

1) inc/users/view/_user_list.view.php ( approx 80 ), change the NULL to some stupidly big number and hope it works :D

$Results = & new Results( $sql, 'user_', '-A', NULL, $count_sql );

2) that's the only way ( afaik )

¥

15 Nov 08, 2008 23:00

¥åßßå wrote:

1) inc/users/view/_user_list.view.php ( approx 80 ), change the NULL to some stupidly big number and hope it works :D

$Results = & new Results( $sql, 'user_', '-A', NULL, $count_sql );

2) that's the only way ( afaik )

¥

Thanks for your reply, ¥åßßå.

I changed it to the following and there was no change in trying to show all of the groups in Users -> "Groups & Users":

$Results = & new Results( $sql, 'user_', '-A', 20, $count_sql );

If you have more info, please let me know.

Thanks.

16 Nov 10, 2008 09:35

I think the defaults 20 in which case you wouldn't see any change ;)

¥

17 Nov 10, 2008 18:57

Thanks again for your reply, ¥åßßå.

I changed that var from 20 to 2000 with no resulting change in the number of groups listed (still only 3).

$Results = & new Results( $sql, 'user_', '-A', 2000, $count_sql );

Hopefully, there is a solution for this.

Thanks.

Form is loading...