Recent Topics

1 Mar 21, 2008 07:58    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Ok,
So I've been at it for hours now and I thought I'd get some collective wisdom on the matter.
I uploaded and installed the latest b2evo TWICE and it is still the same problem. It's when you click on "feedback" or the post title it takes me to an error page. Do I need to adjust something in the back office or is it a server side thing (I'm using a windows based one not a linux).
Heres my site so you can see what's happening.
[url=http://www.wooshca.com/chalkntorque/index.php] Chalk'n'Torque[/url]
cheers
Steven
Newcastle Australia

2 Mar 21, 2008 08:00

admin > blog settings > [blog] > urls

Change the settings so that they don't use extra path ;)

¥

3 Mar 21, 2008 08:07

You're a legend, mate!!!
Hours of frustration down to one check box!!
Should I change all the other extra path check boxes? I only changed it in the single post category.
Cheers
Steven
Newcastle, Australia

4 Mar 21, 2008 08:16

Yep you need to change them all, windows can't handle extra-path ;)

¥

5 Mar 21, 2008 08:18

Chances are: YES.

But hey try to visit all the internal links in your blog. Message form, archives, last comments - stuff like that. Heck copy a permalink and try to visit it. When stuff starts failing figure it's because of something about your server not being able to handle "pretty" urls.

If you really want "pretty" urls take a look at sample.htaccess in your root directory, but don't just rename it .htaccess because quite often you will already have that file and some of your features from your host will edit that file for you. In that case you need to try to figure out how to add the bits from sample to your .htaccess file without bonking the real one.

I know next to nothing about .htaccess by the way. Just enough to know "my what a funny file name" ;)

6 Mar 21, 2008 08:27

Thanks heaps, "Blonde Bimbo" and EdB
I think I'll stay clear from .htaccess at this stage of my amateur computing career, I'll probably stuff it up!
Everything is working fine now.
Cheers
Steven
Newcastle, Australia

7 Mar 29, 2008 05:11

Ahhhh, so I thought I had it all sorted. Ok, so the comment form is showing up at least and many of the links are working. When I go to submit a comment both as a registered user and visitor, I get an error page. Basically it's as if the program can not find the "comment_post.php" file on the server. So what am I not doing ?
I 've trawled through the other topics but I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. One suggestion was that it is a PHP version problem, that's compltely out of my control. Do I have to down grade to another version of b2 evolution?

8 Mar 29, 2008 22:57

So looking through all the other posts I found something on this post [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=13798][2.2.0-beta] [Solved] Saving Posts[/url]

here it is discussed that you change the preceeding code in "inc/_core/misc.funcs.php"

That particular code in 2.4.1 is in
"inc/_core/template.funcs.php" aprox lines 80 to 88

Just uncomment the code and everything works fine.

/ <fp

/* fp>why do we need this?
       dh>because Location: redirects are supposed to be absolute.
    */
    if( substr($redirect_to, 0, 1) == '/' )
    { // relative URL, prepend current host:
        global $ReqHost;

$redirect_to = $ReqHost.$redirect_to;
    } 

Many thanks to YABBA and Scribbly

Form is loading...