Recent Topics

1 Mar 27, 2008 02:45    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Forgive me if this is answered elsewhere...

I have a contact form set up on my website, and the emails are being forwarded to a Yahoo account. However, Yahoo seems to think these emails are spam, and are not actually forwarding them on to me. I'm having difficulty getting Yahoo to find these missing emails, and I've changed the redirection so as to go through a POP mail first.

My question is: can I discover the missing emails by checking any databases for my website? Do the web form entries get stored anywhere by b2evo, so I can go and check them and figure out what was supposed to be sent to me?

... I have a feeling the answer is no, but just in case, I thought I'd ask..

Thanks,

Na3

2 Mar 27, 2008 09:59

Some web form information is stored, of course, but NOT message forms. Sorry :( Stuff like settings you change in the back office are (technically speaking) form data, so of course those settings are changed. Currently there is no mechanism by which you can recall a message that got sent. Think of the privacy aspect of that given that message form could be sent by a visitor to a commenter and you'll see why nothing from there is stored.

3 Mar 27, 2008 10:08

Thanks EdB. I didn't think so, but it was at least worth asking.

I'm so annoyed - I've had five emails from Yahoo support, none of which answer the question 'can they find my missing emails' and none of which tell me why they're not coming through. They keep asking me to provide an example email or tell me to get the sender to resend the email. I have to explain to Yahoo that I can only do that if I have the emails in the first place, since I don't know who the senders are!

Anyway, these emails were business related, so god knows if I've missed out on money-making opportunities or other important things. Which is why it was a good idea to ask even if it doesn't help me find the emails.

... Also, have now updated my signature with my link. Not shy, just forgetful :P

Form is loading...