Recent Topics

1 Apr 01, 2008 23:43    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I installed a version of b2e, but can not find the install page. I have gone over the instructions several times, but still not luck. Can anyone please help?

2 Apr 02, 2008 00:01

When you uploaded all the files there is a folder in the "blogs" folder called "install"

When you have uploaded everything simply place the following URL in your browser and follow the prompts and instructions....
http://yoursite.com/install

Like I said, make sure you have uploaded all files before you run the install script

3 Apr 02, 2008 01:20

Thanks for the instruct. When I do that, then try to install, this is the message I keep getting: Please, do not access this page directly.

5 Apr 02, 2008 02:10

2.4.1 "Nevada" 2008-03-16 Stable 2 676 kB . I'll also check out the link you've sent. Thanks in advance for your help. I do appreciate it.

6 Apr 02, 2008 02:19

If you have FTP access to your site then open the folder "conf" and check the details in file called _basic_conf.php
1. Passwords, database name etc...

$db_config = array(
'user' => 'demouser', // your MySQL username
'password' => 'demopass', // ...and password
'name' => 'b2evolution', // the name of the database
'host' => 'localhost', // MySQL Server (typically 'localhost')
);

2. Base URL....

* @global string $baseurl
*/
$baseurl = 'http://localhost/b2evolution/blogs/';
// Use the following if you want to use the current domain:
/*

Are your details in this file correct? If not correct them.

7 Apr 02, 2008 05:27

John wrote:

Are your details in this file correct? If not correct them.

i am pretty sure, one of these paths are wrong.. chmoding 'all' of your root folders to 777 would do good possibly, if not it will help to find out what the problem is, so pls do so and return back with the results, if the issue mentioned above still exists

8 Apr 02, 2008 08:52

Please do not chmod your folders to 0777 that allows every man and his dog to write to any file/folder in your install.

Posting a link to your site will be far more helpful

¥

9 Apr 02, 2008 16:53

For some reason I have to go to mydomain.com/path/install/index.php but I don't know why. Specifically, adding the "index.php" bit on the end.

Form is loading...