Recent Topics

1 Jun 12, 2004 02:49    

2 Jun 12, 2004 02:56

I'm downloading it now. Is this ok for use on a production server, or is it a test-locally-might-kill-everything release?

3 Jun 12, 2004 03:01

AFAIK, it's the most stable we ever had :)

4 Jun 13, 2004 12:16

I'm testing it since yesterday - not on my public blog.. but still on the one I use for testing new designs...

5 Jun 13, 2004 13:37

It has nothing to do with the oslo version, I suppose it was there alredy in the europe version too, but since I did'nt upgrade yet to that.. I just encountered the problem here.

There is that new plugin Auto-P
In Oslo the is a little mention after 'auto br' that its wise to not use that anymore, because it's going to be replaced by auto-p.
I suppose there is a good reason for that, so lets do that.

But!
I have couple of 1800 posts that are made with auto br
When showing them on screen, I can't be shure of the layout, since the layout of my previous blogs and my new onces will be different.
Is there a way to bunch convert all those posts to auto-p, so I know what I'm dealing with, and I can change the css, so it does look like I'm used to ?..

It's in particular with blockquotes that I have the problem.
Sometimes, I got a <p> in the blockquote, sometime I don't.. I doest makes sence to me, but I suppose that is because I don't realy know what it is supposed to do.. Even after reading some entries I found in google, I'm seeing it more clear.

6 Jun 13, 2004 16:12

Topanga wrote:

It's in particular with blockquotes that I have the problem.
Sometimes, I got a <p> in the blockquote, sometime I don't.. I doest makes sence to me, but I suppose that is because I don't realy know what it is supposed to do.. Even after reading some entries I found in google, I'm seeing it more clear.

i have a similar problem, so i added

$output = preg_replace("#\<p><blockquote cite=\"(.*)\">(.*)<\/blockquote><\/p>#siU", "<blockquote cite=\"\\1\"><p>\\2</p></blockquote>", $output);

$output = preg_replace("#<p><blockquote>(.*)<\/blockquote><\/p>#siU", "<blockquote><p>\\1</p></blockquote>", $output);

$output =str_replace("<p><blockquote>","<blockquote><p>",$output);
		$output =str_replace("</blockquote></p>","</p></blockquote>",$output);

in b2evocore\_class_item.php
function content

before

echo $output;

7 Jun 13, 2004 16:16

and that will be inplemented in the core-code ?
Because I don't want to mess around in the 'black box'
I can wait...

8 Jun 13, 2004 16:57

Auto-P normally would not change anything to Auto-P posts.

Regarding blockquotes, the W3C correct way of using them is to alway use P tags inside of them.

It is possible that Auto-P more or less fails on this. That's what we get from using code from WP :P

9 Jun 13, 2004 18:45

Topanga wrote:

and that will be inplemented in the core-code ?

i don't use auto-p but textile. so i'm not sure if it fixes also your problem.

10 Jun 14, 2004 01:24

I have been testing the preview release on a new site of mine and so far everthing works great.

12 Jun 14, 2004 03:44

running my blog with it now. is there any new feature in it over 0.9.0.5 ? or is it a bug fixed version ?

13 Jun 14, 2004 06:53

any differences between the preview and final that I would need an upgrade for? Or can I replace any files that changed?

14 Jun 14, 2004 07:25

this is mostly a bug fix version. replace files. see announcement today.

Form is loading...