Recent Topics

1 Apr 09, 2008 23:15    

My b2evolution Version: 0.9.x

Hi all,

I've been a happy user of b2evolution for quite some time now. We haven't made any changes to the blog since we started it. In fact I probably need to upgrade it to a later version.

A while back, I tried to make the blog as user-friendly as possible. In attempting to do this, I discovered how to make it so that the "leave a comment box" actually showed up below the post & already left comments rather than making it a requirement to click on the 'leave a comment' link.

A few years have gone by and most users have figured out how to use the blog pretty well. We now find that the 'leave a comment' box takes up way too much space on the main blog page. so we would like to revert it back to the original setting to require that the link be pressed in order to leave a comment. Originally I had thought that maybe just reducing the 'leave a comment' area would suffice, but i think it's better off removing the box from the main page all together.

I looked through _main.php extensively and couldn't find the customization i made to have the comment text area appear on the main page.

Changing "$disp_comment_form = 1;" to =0 only half does the job, because this completely eliminates user ability to leave a comment whatsoever. However, I'm convinced that the answer lies in the 'comment' section of this php page, and i can't find the customization. Anyone think they could help me? I appreciate it very much.

Ryan

2 Apr 09, 2008 23:31

hi infotechie,

Welcome to the forums.
I don't think anyone knows the answer to your question. I may be wrong though. But one thing is certain: this is a good moment to upgrade to 2.4.x. Why? because after the upgrade your problem is solved *and* you get all the new features for free. Great deal?

Good luck

3 Apr 09, 2008 23:33

Obsolete version!

Download the original from the downloads tab above and look for differences, or upgrade. Or maybe search the forums and see if this type of thing has already been covered.

Sorry, but 0.* is extremely obsolete.

Form is loading...