Recent Topics

1 Apr 10, 2008 13:29    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.0

Hi all,
I am using the b2evo 2.4.0 rc and i still have some problems with it although i have my blog running.

whenever someone comments on a post the page htsrv/comment_post.php gives me a "Bad Request" blank page.

YET, when i go back to the post i find the new comment. Can anyone help me with this?

you can try this yourself. go to my blog at www.shafey.net and try to comment on any post.

my blog is at
www.shafey.net

thanks

2 Apr 11, 2008 15:37

By any chance are you on a windows server?

¥

3 Apr 11, 2008 18:48

¥åßßå wrote:

By any chance are you on a windows server?

¥

Yes, I am on a windows server provided by hostonce.com
do i have to change the server??

what's the best hosts out there?
what if I changed to a Lunix server???

thanks

4 Apr 11, 2008 18:57

I thought as much, your problem is *probably* the relative redirects in inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php ( approx line 2356 ), change this section of code :

// <fp

/* fp>why do we need this?
	   dh>because Location: redirects are supposed to be absolute.
	if( substr($redirect_to, 0, 1) == '/' )
	{ // relative URL, prepend current host:
		global $ReqHost;

$redirect_to = $ReqHost.$redirect_to;
	}
	*/

to this :

// <fp

/* fp>why do we need this?
	   dh>because Location: redirects are supposed to be absolute.
	*/
	if( substr($redirect_to, 0, 1) == '/' )
	{ // relative URL, prepend current host:
		global $ReqHost;

$redirect_to = $ReqHost.$redirect_to;
	}

hit save, upload, make a comment and pray that a blonde got it right and didn't fry your cpu ;)

¥

5 Apr 12, 2008 05:16

Dear Blonde,

I found the file _misc.funcs.php you told me about. However, i searched the file for the code you said but couln't find it.

Are you sure those lines of code are in that file? pls note my version of B2evo. 2.4.0 rc

ONE more thing please:
I have similar problem with the log in form. whenever I log in. the Form Loads again telling me that I am ALREADY logged in as "admin" or as "someone". Is there some code modification to fix this?

6 Apr 23, 2008 18:40

I'm having the same problem. After using Notepad++ to search through all *.php files in the b2 folder I discovered that the code Blondie mentioned is now in the /inc/_core/_template.funcs.php file.

Uncommenting that section didn't solve the problem for me, though.

For reference, Windows 2K3 server, IIS6, PHP 5.2.4, MySQL 5.0.45

8 Apr 30, 2008 16:58

On one installation of 2.4.1, I have no comments issues. On a second installation running 2.4.2, I DO have the Not Found issue.
Both are on the same host. The server is running Linux and PHP 4.4.7
Any ideas?
Thanks

9 Apr 30, 2008 20:51

I realized that it was a setting under the URLs tab.
I had it set to Relative to baseurl with nothing in the box. I set it to Extra Path on Index and it works.

I'm now having login issues and can't seem to reinstall a plugin but that's another post.

10 May 01, 2008 20:39

Sorry, can someone explain step by step how solve the problem ?

thanks,

Marco

11 May 23, 2008 16:55

Hi;

I'm encountering the same problem.

I'm running 2.4.2 on a Windows platform.
I receive the bad request (400 error) when comments are submitted or previewed.

Comments are successfully posted, including email notification. The error is spawned at the redirect code.

The error occurs at the comment_post.php file specifically at line 285 (preview) and 368 (submit). The coded "header_redirect(); causes the problem.

As a hack, for like 368, I simply replaced the redirect to go back to the home page. Obviously this isn't ideal and won't work on the preview page code (line 285).

I've not had time to investigate the true cause of the problem.

The fix listed above appears to be referring to an older version of the code and is not applicable now.

Thoughts?

Edited to say: the comment "I had it set to Relative to baseurl with nothing in the box. I set it to Extra Path on Index and it works. " did not work for me; I have been using "Default blog in index.php" thus far with otherwise successful results.

12 May 24, 2008 23:43

I'm getting the same thing.

13 May 27, 2008 17:59

fertanish wrote:

The error occurs at the comment_post.php file specifically at line 285 (preview) and 368 (submit). The coded "header_redirect(); causes the problem.

As a hack, for like 368, I simply replaced the redirect to go back to the home page. Obviously this isn't ideal and won't work on the preview page code (line 285).

Hi

Can you please let me know what you change it to, I have header_redirect() twice once 3/4 down the comment_post.php and again at the very end of the page.

header_redirect(); // Will save $Messages into Session

Thanks

Form is loading...