Recent Topics

1 Apr 15, 2008 14:21    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi there, this is actually my first blog ever so the solution might be simple but then again im a rookie at this b2evo stuff.

How can i remove the email check on comments, i mean in order for people to post a comment they need to input an email adress. i want to remove that function for now even tho i might put it back later.

thx

2 Apr 15, 2008 16:44

Hi Raisthlin. Without knowing your version it's kinda hard to give a specific answer, but in general it's answerable. First off, it might be a setting on one of your "settings" tabs in the back office. Not sure off hand. I'm pretty sure that in the past you would have to edit one of the files in the "conf" folder to change a parameter with a name like "require_email" from a 1 to a 0 - but I'm not sure which version(s) and what file that might have been in. A third method that would also be version-specific would be to pre-fill a fake email address into the field so that it would be there without the commenter writing it in. Oh hey a fourth is that you could skip out of the check for if they put in an email address or not.

So ... uh ... got a link to your blog? We need to know version number and skin most of the time, but really with a link we get everything we could possibly need to fully answer a question a heck of a lot quicker.

3 Apr 15, 2008 18:04

Ah thanks for the infos. i checked under all settings tabs in my blog control panel but couldn't find anything. I might look in the config files now that i know what to look for (require_email)

I have the latest version of b2evo and actually using the pixel green skin

Thx a lot !

http://www.aujapon.raisthlin.ca (french blog regarding my upcoming trip to japan)

4 Apr 16, 2008 01:51

In conf/_advanced.php find and alter:

/**
 * Comments: Set this to 1 to require e-mail and name, or 0 to allow comments
 * without e-mail/name.
 * @global boolean $require_name_email
 */
$require_name_email = 1;

OR in skins/_item_comment_form.inc.php find this:

$Form->text( 'u', $comment_author, 40, T_('Name'), '', 100, 'bComment' );
		$Form->text( 'i', $comment_author_email, 40, T_('Email'), '<br />'.T_('Your email address will <strong>not</strong> be revealed on this site.'), 100, 'bComment' );
		$Form->text( 'o', $comment_author_url, 40, T_('Website'), '<br />'.T_('Your URL will be displayed.'), 100, 'bComment' );

Then change it to this:

$Form->text( 'u', 'Your Name', 40, T_('Name'), '', 100, 'bComment' );
		$Form->text( 'i', 'youremail@yourdomain.com', 40, T_('Email'), '<br />'.T_('Your email address will <strong>not</strong> be revealed on this site.'), 100, 'bComment' );
		$Form->text( 'o', $comment_author_url, 40, T_('Website'), '<br />'.T_('Your URL will be displayed.'), 100, 'bComment' );

By the way that file might also be in skins/yourskin/ folder so change both if it is. The skins/ path will affect all skins that don't have the file in the actual skin is how it works.

Form is loading...