Recent Topics

1 Apr 19, 2008 10:18    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

HELP, I wish to enable the client on my blog to use Windows Live Writer with her private blog. When the blog is public, she can easily post. But when we change the "_main.in.php" file from Login required false ... to ...login required true, it gives us the following message...

La réponse à la méthode mt.setPostCategories reçue du serveur de blogs n'est pas valide :

Invalid response document returned from XmlRpc server

Thank you.

Justin

2 Apr 19, 2008 14:19

actually it may not be a good idea to start a topic as HELP, like you caught fire :P anyhow, i will not be able to help you as i dont know anything about this issue, but i have seen many similar topics about livewriter..
[url=http://forums.b2evolution.net//search.php]did you check them out ?[/url]

3 Apr 19, 2008 14:48

Sorry about that. and Yes, i have read just about every topic there is about the issue and i think i hve gotten to a point where i know the issue, but dont know how to fix it. i know the issue is the fact that the login required is set to true. the only thing i dont know now is how to set up Live Writer to go past that.

4 Apr 19, 2008 14:58

change your hack to :

<?php
$login_required = ( strpos( $ReqURI, 'xmlrpc.php' ) === true ? false : true );
?>

¥

5 Apr 19, 2008 20:24

It seems that it has a problem with the category when posting due to the XmlRpc server. Would I be correct in assuming that?

6 Apr 20, 2008 00:54

I'm sorry, I only speak english and code, could you possibly rephrase the question?

¥

7 Apr 20, 2008 04:18

I did not see your reply before I mentioned the problem might be with the categories. I will try your hack suggestion, thank you.

8 Apr 20, 2008 04:33

NO, the new hack did not work. I don't know what is wrong with it. I set the login required to true, and all of the sudden Windows Live Writer cannot log into the blog? Has anybody else noticed also how when u log into the blog, your browser cannot log into it itself, because when u select "remember my password " it gives u a very long password just like that?.

Anyway, thank you in advance, and thank you for your help already.

Justin

9 Apr 20, 2008 19:39

The "new" hack would have set $login_required to false for xmlrpc.php

¥

10 Apr 21, 2008 01:29

oh, so no modifying what i already have but rather just adding this code to the _main.inc.php file???

11 Apr 21, 2008 10:15

in your /inc/_main.inc.php, find a section of code that resembles this :

/*
 * Login procedure: {{{
 * TODO: dh> the meat of this login procedure should be moved to an extra file IMHO so that if a session exists (in most cases) it does not trigger parsing the meat of this code
 * !!! fp> a session can and wil exist before a user is already logged in.
 */
if( !isset($login_required) )
{
	$login_required = false;
}

And replace it with :

$login_required = ( strpos( $ReqURI, 'xmlrpc.php' ) === true ? false : true );

¥

12 Apr 22, 2008 15:11

Still does not work. what am i doing wrong? Is there a specific setting required within Windows Live Writer that I am missing?
Btw, I would like to thank everyone for all their help, it IS greatly appreciated, even though I sound rather picky. I just want it to work, ya know? Plus, it's not for me, it's for the blogging client. Anyway, I really appreciate everyone's help, thanks again! :)

13 May 09, 2008 05:55

still nothing is working

Form is loading...