Recent Topics

1 May 01, 2008 18:19    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I just moved my website to a new host and upgraded to 1.10.x from 1.9.x. I have custom skins and intergrate a blog on my main page using a stub file. All went rather smoothly, that is everything looked OK using Firefox, but when I checked with IE, font size on my main page is huge. All were OK using 1.9.x on old server.

I moved all of the files from my old server that I knew were customized, though I don't remember a similar problem before.

I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of days, but not having any luck. I use the Firefox CSS plugin Firebug to help troubleshoot the CSS. I've fiddled with the CSS and cannot get anything to effect how IE displays. I may have some fundamental problems with the CSS, but it all worked before the move.

Another twist is in Opera, the blog part of the page is OK, but the text just above the div that holds the blog is huge.

Here is the URL for my main (problem) page that uses the stub file:

www.waynealumni.org

Here is another blog page that is OK:

www.waynealumni.org/blog/

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

2 May 01, 2008 18:57

You must delete this part from _main.php and find another way to include your own text in header.

Now you have 2 <head> and 2 <body> sections which make your page invalid.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3c.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">
<html>
<HEAD><TITLE>Wayne Central Alumni</TITLE>
<base href="http://www.waynealumni.org" />
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="expires" CONTENT="0">
<meta name="author" content="Brian Donovan  / Based on Original design by: Andreas Viklund - http://andreasviklund.com/">
<meta name="keywords" content="Wayne Central, Wayne Central School, Wayne Central Alumni, Wayne Alumni, Ontario, Ontario Center, Walworth, Wayne Eagles, James A. Beneway, Thomas C. Armstrong">
<meta name="description" content="For alumni of Wayne Central School in Ontario, NY">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="alum01.css">
<link rel="Shortcut Icon" type="image/ico" href="favicon.ico">
</HEAD>
<body>
<div id="thetop">
<a id="top"></a>
<p class="hide">Skip to: <a href="#sitemenu" accesskey="2">Site menu</a> | <a href="#maincontent" accesskey="3">Main content</a></p>

</div>

<div id="container">
<div id="main">

<div id="logo">
<h1><a href="index.php" accesskey="4">waynealumni.org</a></h1>
<span id="tagline">Wayne Central Alumni</span>
</div>

<div id="intro"><p class=textright><b>123071</b> Visitors since April 11, 2000</p>
<br><p></p>

<div id="thoughts">
<h3 id="date">May 1, 2008</h3></DIV>
<h2 class="clearleft">
<h2><a id="maincontent"></a>10 Year Anniversary of Wayne Alumni 1997 - 2007</h2>
<p>Welcome to the Wayne Central Alumni Web Site, which was started in November 1997. The purpose of this Web Site is to provide a gathering point for E-Mail addresses and WEB sites that belong to Wayne Alumni. Hopefully you'll find it enjoyable and useful for keeping in touch with your former classmates.</p>
<p>If anyone
would like to submit any information to be included on this site,
or would like to add class specific information, contact: <a href="contactme.php"><i>Brian Donovan</i></a>.</P>
</div><div class="clear"></div>

<div id="blogb">

3 May 01, 2008 19:36

Yes, I see said the blind man! I think I can figure it out from here. I'll let you know when I get it fixed.

Thanks so much.

Brian

4 May 02, 2008 00:03

I love it when customization that includes removing the link-back messes up a blog.

5 May 02, 2008 02:12

I thought it might be the problem, but after I started to look at the files on the old server, I didn't see anything that was different. I tried anyway, to ensure there was only one body and one head tag, but no help.

I'm still looking, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Brian[/code]

6 May 02, 2008 02:27

Open and compare _main.php files from skins/WayneAlumB and skins/WayneAlum.

Bad code is in skins/WayneAlumB/_main.php

7 May 02, 2008 03:34

Thanks for the replies. It wasn't the _main.php, they are different due to the placement of each blog. But it got me to compare my old index.php with the current one.

The problem was a stray <h2> tag above the b_stub div, leftover when I added some temporary code before the blog was moved to the new server.

I should have paid more attention to the clues - changing the CSS had no effect on IE, and Opera had problems with that section.

The browsers these days seem to work similarly when presented with good html, but the results are more unpredictable when trying to handle bad html.

Thanks again.

Form is loading...