Recent Topics

1 May 01, 2008 20:35    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I have no HTML experience, but there is a definite issue with my blog http://www.homeinterest.us/blog/?blog=2 displaying in IE. If you look at the site the header is mashed and the links from the link blog are not properly spaced.

I ran this through a validator which gives me several errors about a bad link that I need to pull, but nothing I can tie to the two issues I am having.

Any help is greatly appreciated because after two weeks of tinkering I am about ready to go back to school and learn HTML.... Not a bad idea if I can fit it in between traveling all over the US for work..... ARGHHHHH!

Thanks in advance for all the great help and support of the forums contributors.

2 May 01, 2008 21:41

which version of ie is that ?
someone else would possibly give an exact solution for this; but just to give you some clues, i just had a quick look and afaisee regarding the header, your blog title's words override each other because of a bug in ie about font-size property, and the set width to 350 px makes them get on each other..
and that pelican img -or whatever- shows at the bottom apart from the other posts, it looks odd because it cant fit the content area possibly because of ie's doubling the margins bug etc etc..

3 May 01, 2008 21:54

It's a known problem with this skin, I'll try to find that post.

5 May 01, 2008 22:46

I made the adjustments from the other post I was directed to and with some tinkering I nailed it. Thanks very much.

Now am I correct to assume that the issue with my link blog crowding is a similar issue in the same style sheet? If so I can adjust it, but how do I determine what area I should be adding the padding to?

6 May 01, 2008 22:54

style.css (line 79)

#avmenu .bSideItem li a {
font-weight: bold;
height: 20px; /* Change to 40px */
text-decoration: none;
color: #505050;
display: block;
padding: 6px 0 0 10px;
background: #f4f4f4;
border-left: 4px solid #cccccc;
}

It doesn't look great, but it does what you need.

7 May 02, 2008 14:12

Well I tinkered with the settings you suggested, but it appears to be universal to all buttons on the side of the left bar.

How do I make the buttons auto adjust to the height of the info, or I will go back and reduce the text size in the links to try to condense it to one line. Leaving it the way that it is now leads to a lot of scrolling in my opinion.

http://homeinterest.us/blog/

8 May 02, 2008 19:04

You're right, just delete that height: 30px; from #avmenu .bSideItem li a.

9 May 02, 2008 19:26

Thanks... Did the trick and I managed to learn something in the process. 8|

Form is loading...