Recent Topics

1 May 04, 2008 20:15    

I'm currently hosted with Dreamhost.... and I'm finding performance to be really inconsistent. I suspect its the way of shared hosting...though I've been ssh'd in and seen the load jump between ~3-4 to 100+ and hover at various points in between.

Before I moved to Dreamhost, I had thought about going to a VPS host....but I had just renewed a 1 year contract with my previous host and then they started having a whole bunch of unexplained outages (where they wouldn't respond until they fixed it, and would respond that they don't see any problems....ya right). And, they have a no refund policy.

The old host had better performance than Dreamhost though....

Anyways, I'm thinking of trying dreamhostps now...but I'm wondering how much do I need to run b2evolution. I don't know if 150MHz/150MB is enough or if I need more, etc. And, which is the bottleneck, since mysql is a separate VPS product.

Anybody using DreamhostPS? What size do you use? Do you also do you use MySQL PS or just that?

FWIW, I'm running 2.4.2.

Of course, I'm not sure I'm in the position right now to afford a properly sized VPS...but I'd like to know if it would improve things and by how much....

The Dreamer.

2 May 06, 2008 05:48

Blue Host ain't no picnic either.

3 May 23, 2008 10:19

2.4.2 is it mysql version of r what?

4 Jul 13, 2010 23:48

150MHz/150MB will certainly not be enough. If your gonna have any amount of traffic you'll need at least 512MB of ram. That's generally the minimum for running a decent site on a VPS. B2evo itself may run fine on less, but will you being using cpanel, sending emails, running other sites, etc...

Form is loading...