Recent Topics

1 May 07, 2008 11:20    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi everyone,
sorry I'm asking this question but I found different answers on the forum fomr some time ago and as I'm not an expert with code and so on, I'd like your help please :)
I'd like to set up one same category in 2 different blogs and be able to make every post in that category appear on both blogs...
Is this possible? How can I do it?
thanks!!

2 May 07, 2008 15:43

open your ../conf/_admin.php, and make allow cross posting 2(recommended, you can use 3 too):

$allow_cross_posting = 2;

/**
* Cross posting
* Possible values:
* - -1 if you don't want to use categories at all
* - 0 if you want users to post to a single category only
* - 1 if you want to be able to cross-post among multiple categories
* - 2 if you want to be able to cross-post among multiple blogs/categories
* - 3 if you want to be able to change main cat among blogs (which will move the
* posts from one blog to another; use with caution)

3 Nov 05, 2008 20:51

I've changed the permissions and am now able to post across blogs.

But if I try to take a post and move it into another blog, it gets lost and disappears.

Also, if I move an entire category into another blog, all the posts disappear until I move it back into the original blog.

Anyone know where I'm going wrong?

4 Nov 05, 2008 21:20

Hi theengel.

Welcome to the forums.
That reminded me. One of my categories grew so big I decided some time ago it needs a blog of it's own. I exported the category to the new blog with no problem at all.
1) set the variable $allow_crossposting to 3
2) I created a new blog in Dashboard -> Blog settings -> List
3) In Dashboard -> OLD BLOG (select it) -> Categories I hit the 'move' icon next to the category I wanted to move and chose the new blog as destination
4) It now took my to the Categories page of the new blog where I selected 'root' as parent (this ensures the category doesn't have parents.

That was it. It was cleanly moved from one blog to another.

Good luck

5 Nov 05, 2008 21:30

Well how come when I try it, all the posts disappear I wonder????

The category gets moved properly, but the posts are gone both in the backend and the front end.

6 Dec 31, 2008 23:19

Hello.

Just curious - Did you ever find out the reason?

Shortly, I'm about to try changing a post's main blog to another.

Thanks.

7 Jan 02, 2009 20:21

Backup the database first.
Even if something will go wrong you can easily fix IDs from phpMyAdmin.

9 Jan 06, 2009 00:42

In fact, crossposting should be a feature accessible from the backoffice since long ago, possibly with user scope.

Form is loading...