Recent Topics

Administrator email

Started by on May 19, 2008 – Contents updated: May 19, 2008

May 19, 2008 19:44    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Where is the Administrators email ID kept? In a database table?

I have removed the original administrator I set up, but the link in the footer of the blog for emailing Admin is still trying to use the old email ID which doesn't exist.

May 19, 2008 20:09

TheWelshMan wrote:

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Where is the Administrators email ID kept? In a database table?

I have removed the original administrator I set up, but the link in the footer of the blog for emailing Admin is still trying to use the old email ID which doesn't exist.

afaik, the contact form uses the blog owner's email.. you should have replaced the blog owner instead of deleting the previous one..
chances are that the email is saved in sql or in a file like the one in the basic config..
either way you can change it easily, i dont know for sure, look for it in the sql or the files, if you can not find i will look for it later on.. cheers

May 20, 2008 05:28

Check your profile first within b2evo.

Then check the basic_config.php file. there's an admin email address there.

May 20, 2008 11:06

I thought as it was a dynamic system, the value would be set in the database somewhere.

In fact, the email and the user id are hard coded in php files.

Thank you both for your assistance.

May 23, 2008 16:51

TheWelshMan wrote:

I thought as it was a dynamic system, the value would be set in the database somewhere.

In fact, the email and the user id are hard coded in php files.

Thank you both for your assistance.

Actually that's only partially true.

Upon installation a single email address is hard coded, but the contact form goes to the email address that is stored in a database table that correlates to the particular user ID identified in the URL. For user ID #1 it takes the email address from the file and stores it in the database, and user ID #1 can then change the stored value (not the hard-coded value) via their profile page. All other user email addresses are stored in the database only.

Plus I'm pretty sure it is impossible to remove user ID #1, although that might be possible in 2.*. It used to be impossible is what I mean.

May 23, 2008 17:30

EdB wrote:

TheWelshMan wrote:

I thought as it was a dynamic system, the value would be set in the database somewhere.

In fact, the email and the user id are hard coded in php files.

Thank you both for your assistance.

Actually that's only partially true.

Upon installation a single email address is hard coded, but the contact form goes to the email address that is stored in a database table that correlates to the particular user ID identified in the URL. For user ID #1 it takes the email address from the file and stores it in the database, and user ID #1 can then change the stored value (not the hard-coded value) via their profile page. All other user email addresses are stored in the database only.

Plus I'm pretty sure it is impossible to remove user ID #1, although that might be possible in 2.*. It used to be impossible is what I mean.

Thanks for yoru input. It is sorted now, and yes you can get rid of user #1 I did!

May 23, 2008 18:49

TheWelshMan wrote:

Thanks for yoru input. It is sorted now, and yes you can get rid of user #1 I did!

I'll be darned. Learn something new every day eh?


Form is loading...

Content Mangement System – This forum is powered by b2evolution CMS, a complete engine for your website.