Recent Topics

1 May 21, 2008 13:06    

A friend just set me up with b2evolution v2.4.2. Overall I like it very much and find it easy to use. I do have a few questions, along with some feature suggestions, and some bugs that I found.

QUESTIONS

1. Is there any way to give permalinks a trailing backslash "/" at the end?

2. How can I choose what category is checked by default when writing a post?

3. How can I allow the following html tags in comments: <CENTER> and an <A> with a "TARGET" attribute?

4. What does the "Deprecate" button/option do? All I could see is that it hides messages, at which point it changes into a "Post" button/option. If you use that "Post" button/option, then the message is posted as a completely new current message. This seems kinda pointless, and with no confirmation, and such a large and easy to hit button/option, it seems like it would be easy to accidentally Deprecate a post.

FEATURE SUGGESTIONS

5. It would be nice if on the Archives page, when the "view by post" option is chosen, it gives the date of each post next to the post title. Currently it just gives the title. Ultimately, I'd like for it to look like this: http://protoncharging.com/gb/archives/

BUGS

6. In Regional Settings, the format chosen for time doesn't get applied to the blog, even though it shows up correctly in the settings. Date format is applied correctly, but not time. For example, I have it in settings as "1:00 PM" but it shows up as "13:00" in the blog.

7. When multiple categories are selected on the write page, only one of them shows up in the preview. Thankfully when the message is posted, they appear as they should.

2 May 23, 2008 17:43

Hi kummabal. There are many different forums here. Please take advantage of them else there is no way someone else can find something that might be contained in this thread IF this thread attempts to answer your questions and review your bugs (in the feedback forum).

5. Interesting... I personally don't use single post archiving but yeah it makes sense that it would be sort of a 'text calendar' type of thing.

6. Not a bug. Check that your skin is not adding it's own criteria for time, and check that the post is using a locale that has time in the format you want. So "probably not a bug" is more accurate ;)

3 May 23, 2008 18:50

Hi kummabal,

I'm afraid EdB is 100% right. Could you please split this post up into relevant posts in relevant forums so that the people who follow forums ( devs mostly read the bugs forum and feature requests ;) ), can benefit if they're ever searching?

Thanks ;)

¥
*locked*

EdB wrote:

Hi kummabal. There are many different forums here. Please take advantage of them else there is no way someone else can find something that might be contained in this thread IF this thread attempts to answer your questions and review your bugs (in the feedback forum).

Form is loading...