Recent Topics

1 May 27, 2008 17:18    

hi guys i want to upgrade from 2.1.0 beta to 2.4.2 what do i need to change help please... i cant find any information to change 2.1.0 beta to 2.4.2.
thanks

2 May 27, 2008 18:49

Hi appkausman. It will be like any other upgrade: backup your database and files, especially your conf/_basic_config.php file and your media folder, then delete all the b2evolution files & folders from your server (except media folder as b2evolution will not have your media), then upload the files for the new version, then run the installer and tell it you are upgrading.

I always edit my new conf/_basic_config.php file first so that I don't have to CHMOD it so I can CHMOD it back, but that is up to you. Anyway that's why you really need that file when you backup your files.

Also if you don't backup your database and your files then it will fail. Somehow it knows and likes to punish people who don't backup their stuff. If you do a backup it will work flawlessly.

Once done either delete your install folder or just delete everything in it except for the phpinfo.php file. I do the second thing because I like having my folders on my server match my folders on my computer, and I like having phpinfo.php without me finding a new home for it.

3 May 27, 2008 18:57

thanks Edb for commenting it is helpful regards

Form is loading...