Recent Topics

1 Jun 01, 2008 15:13    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Ok, I'm upgrading from 1.10 to the latest 2.4 whatever (Palms I think). I upgraded fine, did the install/database upgrade, and was in the middle of adding widgets etc. I went to upgrade an old plugin from the backend, and mistakenly thought I had deleted the database table for it. So I stupidly restored the mysql database from before the upgrade. Now I have to reinstall the new mysql tables, only I keep getting error messages.

I'm not a mysql person, I have no clue how to fix things... please help me!

What do I do?

Thanks in advance,

Na3

2 Jun 01, 2008 15:15

If you haven't done much work then it's probably easiest to drop all your new tables, restore your 1.10.x database backup and then run the installer again ;)

¥

3 Jun 01, 2008 15:17

I don't get it - I have restored my 1.10 backup, and when I try and run the installer it's giving me errors. I don't know which are the new tables and which are the old.

4 Jun 01, 2008 15:18

Assuming your table prefix is "evo", drop all tables that start with "evo_", then (re)restore your 1.10.x backup and then hit the installer.

¥

5 Jun 01, 2008 15:20

Oh ok. You mean delete everything from scratch, then reinstall. I've been reinstalling over the top, thinking that would do it.

6 Jun 01, 2008 15:27

Whoohoo!

Thanks Yabba, it's all done now.

Serves me right for trying to do this when I'm already having a bad day :P

Form is loading...