Recent Topics

1 Jun 05, 2008 20:19    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Im currently running a blog for my AoC guild (www.thedarkknights.com) Im trying to come up with some form of a photoblog... basically where I can set up members to be able to post a screenshot in set resolution. say 400 x 300 or something, and then post a small comment.

I have read tons of the photoblog posts here... but none seem to be close to what Im looking for.

Im also having issues with permissions. I can give someone access to post... but it seems to give access to the other blog as well and I ONLY want them on this blog.

I also only want them uploading to their directory... not the main site directory.

No matter how many times I play with the permissions I cant figure it out. Wish there was something like vbulletins permissions where I can turn access on for one and off for another.

If anyone doesnt mind pointing me in the right direction Id be eternally great full.

2 Jun 05, 2008 20:32

i guess there is a setting for that..

do you already have advanced permissions turned on ?

if you dont, go to features tab and check use advanced perms " This will turn on the advanced User and Group permissions tabs for this blog."

then you notably "the advanced User and Group permissions tabs for that blog" will appear at the end of the tabs row. Click there and click group perms, and also click on any group to see more settings.

oh and btw, you dont have to use the photoblog skin, you may craft your own skin, and also you dont need that do, you can use gallery or lightbox plugins , i am pretty happy with the jquery lightbox plugin of Afwas..

that's all i can recommend from what i got for now..

edit: additionally when you open those advanced perms and click on a group you will see

Files:
*No Access
*View files for all allowed roots
*Add/Upload files to allowed roots
*Edit Allowed unlocked files
*Edit all files, including Blocked locked ones . Needed for editing PHP files in skins.
This setting will further restrict any media file permissions on specific blogs.

As far as i know;

No access: no need to define that, user has no upload permissions
View files for all allowed roots: this seems to cure your problem, you can set the user not to be able to reach root directories afaik, cheers

Form is loading...