Recent Topics

1 Jun 08, 2008 09:46    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi All,

I've tried using the help and searching around here in the forums but cannot find an answer. My site is -

http://www.truckingwithruss.com

What I want to do is add another link in line with the Home and Contact links that points to a static html page. I cannot find a page to edit to do this and I've been looking for at least 4 hours now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Russ

2 Jun 08, 2008 13:31

if you tell me the name of the skin i might be able to help ya, those links are either hardcoded or probably inserted with a common links widget, dont know.

But you can always use a simple href to link anywhere with a 'free html' widget inserted in that container ofc

3 Jun 08, 2008 17:15

Thanks. It is Pixelgreen.

4 Jun 08, 2008 17:55

nothing is hardcoded, those are your common links widget links ..

So you can insert a link after them easily using free html widget into the 'top menu' container under your widgets subtab

5 Jun 08, 2008 18:17

Well, I found the option but cannot get it to work like the Home and Contact link. I'm presented with a block title and block content. Whatever I put into the block content is what shows after contact on the menu.

For example, I put "http://www.truckingwithruss.com/daily.html" (without the quotes). And then refreshed the main page and got

Home Contact http://www.truckingwithruss.com/daily.html. What I want is for it to say Daily Log and be a link.

Thanks for your help.
Russ

6 Jun 08, 2008 18:22

Thanks for your help. I figured out what needed to be done. Forgot to actually use html and I added the <a href....

7 Jul 02, 2008 20:37

Im having the same issue, however, yes you can add free HTML... but, the formating is different.

Im also working with the same skin as you are, the issue is. if you use free html, it does text, instead of the pretty block link image of the other links.

You end up with a funny looking site.

Is there a way to edit the widget so when you use free HTML that it copys the same block lettering as the other built in widgets?

8 Jul 02, 2008 21:18

I think you can change the look with some (more) HTML or CSS. Could you post a link and describe what you want to do?

9 Jul 03, 2008 00:31

Alrighty, for instance at the site Im setting up atm.

wow.thedarkknights.com

Top right corner, you will see the "Forums" link is different, than the one next to it.

<a href="http://www.togrchosting.com/972/index.php">Forums</a> thats the code Im using.

Want to be able to make a widget that makes the above look like the rest of the links

10 Jul 03, 2008 03:23

Pyrostasis wrote:

Alrighty, for instance at the site Im setting up atm.

wow.thedarkknights.com

Top right corner, you will see the "Forums" link is different, than the one next to it.

<a href="http://www.togrchosting.com/972/index.php">Forums</a> thats the code Im using.

Want to be able to make a widget that makes the above look like the rest of the links

hi there Pyrostasis.. just to fix that Forums link; insert this anywhere in you style.css file:

div .PageTop .widget_core_free_html a {
line-height: 30px;
display: block;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 15px;
color: #fff;
background: #333333;}

div .PageTop .widget_core_free_html a:hover {background: #65944A;}

and if you want all of your links in the same row you should place them in the same container first.. You have 6 items and 4 of them are in the Top_Menu 2 of them are in the Page_Top container

11 Jul 03, 2008 04:22

Thanks much, will try that in the morning when I can think straight =)

12 Jul 04, 2008 16:21

Alright finals are done.... got some time to tweak around with the blog today.

I used your code, and it was good stuff. I then realized I agreed with one of the above posters and wanted to move the links into one row instead of two. Obviously this broke the code you gave me.

I havent messed around with HTML and such since the 90's and its grown a lot since then. CSS is completely new to me. However, I assume the .div is more or less the variable name for the division in the page. (PageTop, Headers, etc)

I opened up the index.main.php for the Pixelgreen skin and read through it. It looks like there are two menus. "PageTop" and "top_menu".

I assumed if I simply changed PageTop to top_menu that it would work....sadly no.

Here is the modified code Im using

div .top_menu .widget_core_free_html a {
line-height: 30px;
display: block;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 15px;
background: #333333;}

wow.thedarkknights.com

Thats the address where you can see the difference between the two.

13 Jul 04, 2008 17:12

ok now that is strange. The link looks correct under IE, but not under firefox...had 10 people test and all IEs see it fine, and all firefox see it messed up.

14 Jul 04, 2008 17:40

(: the code i ve given you was a temporary solution to emulate the view of Top_menu container to the other (tho one you put it before)

But now that they are all in the same container, remove the css codes i gave you, and it should be fine

15 Jul 04, 2008 18:08

I removed the code, that you gave me from the file... but it still isnt working for some reason in firefox. But works great in IE... any idea why that is?

16 Jul 04, 2008 18:48

div.top_menu ul a {
margin-top: -3px;
background-color: #2a2a2a;

}

div.top_menu ul a:hover {
margin-top: -3px;
background-color: #65944A;
}

add this to style.css and remember this is a temporary fix for that link to be proper not a decent solution i didnt look through the complete css

Form is loading...