Recent Topics

1 Jun 16, 2008 22:41    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I can not get the register link to show up at all. I tried editing _main.php in skins/skinners_guide , but still will not show... heres the blog: http://arkster.com/blog/index.php?blog=2&page=1
the register link should appear under "Misc" but the only thing I can get to display is "login". Any ideas?

2 Jun 16, 2008 23:06

Oh and I have already used a different computer (to ensure cookies were not not allowing it)

3 Jun 17, 2008 01:29

Heres the bit that I think is the problem:

<?php
				/*
				 * see http://doc.b2evolution.net/v-1-9/evocore/_blogs---inc---MODEL---users---_user.funcs.php.html#functionuser_login_link
				 * (*** typical behaviour of these 6 functions ***)
				 */
				user_login_link( '<li><span style="font-size:100%;">', '</span></li>', 'Login', 'Login' ); // user_login_link( '<li>', '</li>' );
				user_register_link( '<li><span style="font-size:150%;">', '</span></li>', 'Register', 'Register' );
				user_admin_link( '<li><span style="font-size:50%;">', '</span></li>', 'Admin', 'Admin Login' );
				user_profile_link( '<li><span style="font-size:100%;">', '</span></li>','Profile', 'View Profile' );
				user_subs_link( '<li><span style="font-size:100%;">', '</span></li>', 'Subscribe', 'Subscribe' );
				user_logout_link( '<li><span style="font-size:100%;">', '</span></li>','Logout', 'Logout :(' );
			?>

But I'm really new at this, any help would be awesome.

4 Jun 17, 2008 16:49

Do you allow registration? IF you have the code in place, and the (never intended to be used) skinners guide skin has it at least once, AND you have registration enabled, then someone who is not logged in will see a link to register. Ah so that's actually two questions. Do you allow registration, and are you visiting your web when you are not logged in?

oops never mind. The problem is that you're using wordpress. Skins for b2evolution won't work in a wordpress blog ;)

5 Jun 19, 2008 06:03

Thanks for the reply... Yes I was allowing registration, but could not get it to work. So I installed wordpress to give it a whirl, and I think for my needs, its simpler design is more sufficient.

So just out of curiosity, why wasnt the skinners guide never intended to be used?

6 Jun 19, 2008 16:32

Because it was a guide to skinning your blog. That's why stuff shows up multiple times - examples of how you can tweak stuff by feeding parameters to functions. Instead of digging in to the core and hacking the bits that the parameters would have done.

Form is loading...