Recent Topics

1 Jun 17, 2008 06:53    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

I just installed B2evolution and since I want users register themselves, I don't want them to use offensive and hateful usernames.

So I want to capture as many offensive names and create them myself, so nobody can use them. Is that practical? I just don't want my site be associated with some unwanted names.

2 Jun 17, 2008 08:50

You need to be checking more than just the login name as the user can choose between login, first/last/both names or a nickname as the name that they prefer to be known as so creating users with all the names/terms you want to "ban" is pretty pointless.

You could code a plugin that hooked into all of the following events ( see inc/plugins/model/_plugins_admin.class.php for a full list of supported events )

'AfterUserInsert' => '',
				'AfterUserUpdate' => '',
				'AppendUserRegistrTransact' => 'Gets appended to the transaction that creates a new user on registration.',

Unfortunately the first two are called after the change has already been committed to the database, ( technically the 3rd is as well but you can return false to cancel the action ), so you'd need to re-update the user with a replacement word/name

¥

Form is loading...