Recent Topics

1 Jun 23, 2008 16:46    

I know you can do a screen shot to bypass a disabled right click so that's not really a solution.

I don't want to disable right click for the entire site, maybe just per post if that's an option. I found a script that disables all keyboard input too for context menus. (I think that's what it was called).

I know I could manually add a watermark to all images before posting but that's a bit cumbersome when I'm not at home and trying to post.

Is there a way to embed a watermark so that it's only visible if someone saves the photo or do a bait and switch so that what they download is some other image entirely??

2 Jun 23, 2008 19:19

No, by the time they get to see your image it's already on their hard drive. Personally I only bother about stopping hotlinking ;)

¥

3 Jun 25, 2008 18:30

Thanks... I just didn't want a certain someone downloading pics of my boyfriend when I post them.

4 Jul 31, 2008 18:50

There's always a way around preventions. Seems to be a favorite pastime for humanity.

But I have seen a technique that creates a html table of the image and displays the image as a table. That means when they right click on the image and download they only download one of 10's, 100's, 1000's of images or tiles that comprise the entire image. But it has drawbacks. The major one is that the browser has to render that big table.

It's just a deterrent.

5 Jul 31, 2008 22:21

To much effort and hassle just to stop a 'stalker'

thanks though

6 Jul 31, 2008 23:32

If you transmit the data expect it to be intercepted and copied ;)

¥

7 Aug 01, 2008 00:32

Use Flash to display your images?

8 Aug 01, 2008 03:19

¥åßßå wrote:

If you transmit the data expect it to be intercepted and copied ;)

¥

Yeah normally I don't care but this is a weird situation since she thinks my boyfriend is HER soulmate LOL We've been together seven years and he dated her for a few months back 1999. Aw well the photo proved to be good bait so I was able to verify her IP address.

Form is loading...