Recent Topics

1 Jun 28, 2008 06:08    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

How do you set-up the email verification system when a new user signs up? As it seems like the mail isn't automatically being sent out like it should.

2 Jun 28, 2008 19:41

Hi, I just wanted to speed this help along as I would like to get my site running and without this users cannot sign-up.

3 Jun 28, 2008 19:44

if you cannot send mails that must be a host related issue..

follow this topic for a solution:

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=14205

4 Jun 28, 2008 22:29

Well the problem sees to lie when a new user registers they are not able to receive the validation email. I like receive emails saying that like new users have registered and such so I'm think php Mail () function is working correctly it's just something to do with validation. It also seems that users are not able to receive subscription information either. As like I had a user (level-1) that subscribed to new entries. So when I posted a new entry they didn't get an email nor a verification email.

5 Jun 28, 2008 23:04

That1Tyguy wrote:

I'm think php Mail () function is working correctly it's just something to do with validation.

you are thinking wrong.

That1Tyguy wrote:

It also seems that users are not able to receive subscription information either. So when I posted a new entry they didn't get an email nor a verification email.

you see? it is not working properly

6 Jun 28, 2008 23:25

Then I don't understand how I can receive emails saying new users and new comments and such are being posted.

7 Jun 28, 2008 23:33

I'm pretty sure there are different methods of sending emails inside b2evolution, so that's what we need to go after.

Here's a good experiment: sign up a fake account on your own blog as if you were one of your own bloggers. See if you get the registration email, and if not see if your spam trap might have caught it. I'm pretty sure (though haven't done research on it in a couple of years) that some ways to send are more likely than others to get caught by spam traps.

After you figure out if an email even gets sent (actual receipt or spam trapped) you can then log in as admin again and validate your new fake account to test further and further exactly which bits send ... and which bits are getting blocked by a spam trap.

The problem here is that different spam traps will trap for different reasons, so like gmail might pass or trap something that yahoo might trap or pass. Likewise for hotmail (if it is even used anymore) and all sorts of other spam traps that might be in effect on different mail servers. But hey starting somewhere is a good place to start yah?

8 Jun 28, 2008 23:39

Yea, true. I try sending it to like AOL and it's not sent at all and of course my admin emails are sent by localhost. So that's probablhy why I'm getting them, I wish that b2Evolution made it so you could set-up SMTP instead of php mail () function in this case.

9 Jun 28, 2008 23:43

Sent by localhost? Are you running your website out of your own computer?

The source wouldn't matter anyway - assuming the source is actually sending emails, meaning php's mail function is enabled. What matters is if the recipient's mail server is blocking it due to seeing it as spam.

Actually maybe the source would matter? But still the trick is to find out if another account (now I'll add: logged in and registered on a different computer) can get the registration email and if not is it blocked by a spam trap.

Form is loading...