Recent Topics

1 Jul 13, 2008 09:24    

I have just joined the forum and notice that there is apparently no option to "preview" the post before submitting it? If I submit the post and then "Edit", I do get a preview button?

2 Jul 13, 2008 12:48

Hmmmmm very strange. I swear that the button was missing on my first few posts. I specifically wanted to check the posts before submitting and it was not there. It normally sits next to the Submit button - but I am sure it was not there.

Of course, I go to reply to your post and there it is :oops:

It's a bit like when you take your car into the garage and can't show them the problem that you say you had, because the car stubbornly won't do it again.

Still don't understand it but there you are....

Thanks for the reply though.

Richard

3 Jul 13, 2008 15:22

this isnt a forum issue, ill be moving it.

4 Jul 13, 2008 16:36

Actually I think it IS a forum issue!

Some forums don't seem to have a preview button but I never really focused on which ones. Plus the thread is not talking about b2evolution not having a preview button, so yeah that pretty much makes it a forum issue.

I'll play and see what I can deduce in short order...

5 Jul 13, 2008 16:47

Opening each forum and selecting the "create new topic" button gave me both preview and submit in most forums, but not all. Specifically, the "b2evolution Support" and "Fighting spam!" and "Request a Plugin or Hack" forums gave me submit but not preview buttons. Oh I didn't try the international forums for some reason.

BTW I'm using the orangy theme but I forget it's actual name. It's the non-standard one I guess. Dunno if that may or may not matter but if it doesn't then knowing doesn't hurt either.

6 Jul 13, 2008 19:54

Well - I am relieved that it is not just me! I was sure that there was one forum where this happened - but when I could not duplicate it, of course I presumed the worst - senility had crept in.

BTW - I am staring at a preview button here - can't miss them now :lol:

7 Jul 13, 2008 20:16

Ack, some people are just "work work work" ... I'll have a root around and see if I can find out why it happens with those forums .... if I remember ;)

¥

Form is loading...