Recent Topics

1 Jul 15, 2008 17:18    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

What's different about

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php

compared to

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/news/steve-niles-and-mike-mayhew-go-savage-with-shadowline-this-october

That would cause "Internet Explorer Cannot Open the Internet Site- Operation Aborted" in IE6, but not FF3 or IE7, when I try to load the latter page, but not the former?

2 Jul 15, 2008 17:47

Last time I saw an error like that it was caused by a js conflict .... but you have waaaaaaaaay to many 3rd party scripts that I'd have to allow before I could tell you if that's what the problem is in this instance ;)

¥

3 Jul 15, 2008 17:50

So perhaps a good course of action would be to load the page in a browser that works, like FF3, view the page source, and see what javascript loads when the error occurs?

The page is able to load the top of the page in IE6. Once the navigation bar is loaded (Home, etc.), the error occurs.

4 Jul 15, 2008 17:53

That's where I'd be starting ;)

¥

6 Jul 15, 2008 21:21

Once I removed the Avatar plugin, everything was okay.

7 Jul 16, 2008 09:39

For a laugh, crack open the avatars plugin and change this section of code ( approx 2096 ) from this :

// Include jQuery
		if ( !defined('INCLUDED__JQUERY') )
		{
			define('INCLUDED__JQUERY', true);
			?><script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->get_plugin_url(); ?>includes/common/jquery/jquery-1.2.1.pack.js"></script><?php
        }

// Include jQuery Color
		if ( !defined('INCLUDED__JQUERY_COLOR') )
		{
			define('INCLUDED__JQUERY_COLOR', true);
			?><script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->get_plugin_url(); ?>includes/common/jquery/jquery.color.js"></script><?php
        }

// Include jQuery Lightbox
		if ( !defined('INCLUDED__JQUERYLIGHTBOX') )
		{
			define('INCLUDED__JQUERYLIGHTBOX', true);
			?><script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->get_plugin_url(); ?>includes/common/jquerylightbox/js/jquery.lightbox.js"></script><?php
        }

To this :

require_js( '#jquery#' );
		require_js( $this->get_plugin_url().'includes/common/jquery/jquery.color.js' );
		require_js( $this->get_plugin_url().'includes/common/jquerylightbox/js/jquery.lightbox.js' );

And seeing if that cures things ;)

¥

Form is loading...