Recent Topics

1 Jul 16, 2008 06:12    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I just setup a b2evolution blog through my web host provider "HostGator". However when I go to my site's URL it needs a username and password to add information.

My HostGator user/pass doesn't seem to work and I don't see a link on how to register as a new user.

*This blog software was automatically installed by my host...

2 Jul 16, 2008 20:55

Anyone?

Anyone?

How do you even register at all??? WHERE and HOW am I supposed to obtain a username and password??

4 Jul 17, 2008 00:02

Whatever installation procedure hostgator provided, it either asked you what password you wanted to use or it told you what password you got at the end.

Alternative to sam2kb's answer: tell it you lost your password and it will email you a link to let you reset it.

5 Jul 18, 2008 07:13

EdB wrote:

Whatever installation procedure hostgator provided, it either asked you what password you wanted to use or it told you what password you got at the end.

Alternative to sam2kb's answer: tell it you lost your password and it will email you a link to let you reset it.

LOL! I'm such a tard!! I did choose a user/pass when I signed up for the auto-install process. It was such a long time ago that I forgot. Fortunately the details were emailed to me so I found 'em.

By the way, I did try the 'lost password' thing first and it said it would send one to me but I never received anything. I wouldn't even know what email address the system had on file. It certainly wasn't the one tied to my HostGator account. And one wasn't requested during the Fantastico/HostGator install.

Anyways, looks like I'm good to go for now, thanks all!

Form is loading...