Recent Topics

1 Jul 23, 2008 09:40    

My b2evolution Version: 0.9.x

We're preparing to transfer our domain to a new server and I'm running several blogs on our domain currently using b2evolution. We also plan to install and use b2evolution on the new server (though it will be a newer version). However, I need to know if there is a way to export the data from my blogs (user data and the blogs itself), and then just as importantly, replace the data on the blogs when I install b2evolution on the new server. Can someone help me out? I appreciate the help!

2 Jul 23, 2008 16:23

do a backup of your files and database. You need both to move to a new server. BTW cpanel gives me a "backup" utility AND an option to 'export' a database via phpmyadmin. I use both, but the 'backup' utility will also serve as a restore utility. Once you learn the tricks of it it is very easy, but you should use all available methods to backup your database.

Oh and empty your hitlog table first. That is data that will bloat your database backup needlessly.

Anyway once you have your backups make sure to keep them safe just in case...

Restore EXACTLY what you backed up, meaning restore your obsolete version, then upgrade. Do not try to "upgrade while moving". Alternatively you might want to upgrade before backing up from your current server, but it is probably easier in the long run to backup your current stuff, restore it on the new server, then upgrade your blog engine.

Oh and welcome to the forums! Don't hesitate to ask for clarification of any bits, but please do try to learn a bit on your own. It's cool when we do this stuff together is the thing.

3 Jul 24, 2008 23:03

Many thanks! It look like it worked! I was pretty worried prior to the transfer, but this certainly makes things alot easier than I thought they'd be! Thanks again!

Btw, I think I'm beginning to like these forums...

Jarowe11

4 Jul 28, 2008 01:09

EdB,

I did the upgrade first, but when trying to update the tables on a new domain and new version, I notice that there are 39 tables on the old version and only 37 tables on ver2.5.

is this an issue?

Form is loading...