Recent Topics

1 Jul 24, 2008 17:27    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Could you help me
I have a problem in changing my admin directory
Ex:
I installed my blog to "www.mydomain.com" and I wanna change the admin login form to another directory so there will not be "www.mydomain.com/admin.php" say that I wanna change to "www.mydomain.com/directory1/admin.php".
And the question is How could I do this? So the admin login form will not be easy to be found by other people.

2 Jul 25, 2008 00:16

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You can edit the config file conf/_advanced.php , line 470

/**
 * Location of the admin interface dispatcher
 */
$dispatcher = 'directory1/admin.php';
$admin_url = $baseurl.$dispatcher;

3 Jul 25, 2008 10:05

sam2kb wrote:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You can edit the config file conf/_advanced.php , line 470

/**
 * Location of the admin interface dispatcher
 */
$dispatcher = 'directory1/admin.php';
$admin_url = $baseurl.$dispatcher;

Sorry sam2kb, I tried your advice then I tried to login into "www.mysite.com/directory1/admin.php" but the browser show me with the following error:

Warning: main(/home/gadge12/public_html/b2evolution/conf/_config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gadge12/public_html/b2evolution/admin.php on line 44

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/gadge12/public_html/b2evolution/conf/_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/gadge12/public_html/b2evolution/admin.php on line 44

Any other advice then (my version is 2.4.2)?

4 Jul 25, 2008 10:29

Yeah, it doesn't work :(

What if you rename admin.php to hard_to_guess_name.php instead of moving it?

5 Jul 26, 2008 09:33

sam2kb wrote:

It doesn't work either 8| , admin.php hard-coded in backoffice links

Now I don't understand the reason of that $dispatcher option... Let's wait for dev's comments.

6 Jul 26, 2008 10:36

There's quite a few hard coded links like that in the core, as and when they're found they're ( usually ) changed to $dispatcher.

You *might* get away with changing the location of admin.php into another folder, but you forgot to update the path to /conf/_config.php ;)

¥

7 Jul 26, 2008 11:00

There's quite a few hard coded links like that in the core

DW found over a hundred ;)

You *might* get away with changing the location of admin.php into another folder, but you forgot to update the path to /conf/_config.php

I tried that also but something didn't work, I don't remember what exactly...

Offtopic
I've just realized how cool the widgets page is in b2evo-2.5
It's awesome! You guys rock :p

8 Jul 26, 2008 11:19

sam2kb wrote:

There's quite a few hard coded links like that in the core

DW found over a hundred ;)

Bugger, guess I need to start replacing them all :p

sam2kb wrote:

Offtopic
I've just realized how cool the widgets page is in b2evo-2.5
It's awesome! You guys rock :p

You'll love stage 2 of the plans for widgets then ( which will be implemented at some far distant time in the future ) ;)

Next on the list for similar treatment is the File Manager ;)

¥

9 Jul 27, 2008 16:37

sam2kb wrote:

Yeah, it doesn't work :(

How could I rename it? I mean, if I change the admin file, what file else should i change, so my b2evolution could find the admin page?

10 Jul 27, 2008 17:22

How could I rename it? I mean, if I change the admin file, what file else should i change, so my b2evolution could find the admin page?

The best and easiest way to protect your blog is create a strong password.

I believe there is no easy solution if you want to move/rename admin.php, but you can try if you have at least basic PHP knowledge.

Good luck

11 Jul 30, 2008 05:36

sam2kb wrote:

The best and easiest way to protect your blog is create a strong password.

I believe there is no easy solution if you want to move/rename admin.php, but you can try if you have at least basic PHP knowledge.

Good luck

I am new to b2evolution. I created the page http://rd77.com/curese_usted_mismo and i deleted blog a, b and there is only one called Blog All. Now, when I tried to to to admin.php my password and username is not accepted. Neither, there is no way to post and nothing can be done.

12 Jul 30, 2008 05:52

Hi VFRodriguez.
Welcome to the forum

You installed an outdated version 1.10.2 but the most recent version is 2.4.2
You should delete all b2evo files, drop database tables and install the current version http://b2evolution.net/downloads/index.html

After installation you'll get a random password, use it to access the backoffice and then change it from Users tab.

Good luck

13 Jul 30, 2008 06:42

Thanks for that info. I pay for the service of web hosting and b2evolution is one of their choices for free. That is the version I installed.

Form is loading...