Recent Topics

1 Jun 23, 2004 19:39    

Hi,

I tried to search how to fix email notifications but I couldn't find one. I'm still not getting any notification whenever someone leaves a comment. Please help!

I'm still usuing 8.9 because I twice tried to install 9.8 but it won't work. It totally messed up everything. So I gave up. I tried installing it by deleting everything in the blog and removing the skin folder elsewhere but it is always saying database error. :(

EDIT: How can I add dates in "dimmed" next to Post by Post archiving? Any idea please?

Thanks!

nazzina

2 Jun 23, 2004 23:45

Nazzina,

You should be able to upgrade to 0.9.0.8 without any trouble. The only sticky point is the skin files, if you've created your own skin. If you're getting a database error, it's because you haven't set up the config file properly. It sounds like you're not following the instructions in the upgrade doc.

1. Upload all the 0.9.0.8 files, including the "install" folder
2. Point your browser at http://your.site.com/blogs/install/
3. Follow the instructions (set your config options there, and then "upgrade from a previous version of b2evolution")
4. When you're done, delete the install folder

Please respond to this post if you have any problems with that. It's too hard to support multiple versions.

Once you've done that, if you still can't get the notification to work, then please post the question to the how to forum. Sorry for making you jump through hoops, but if we don't keep things organized, then it's a big mess and not helpful to anyone.

3 Jun 24, 2004 00:28

Isaac, thanks for responding. I will try to upgrade as soon as I can. I will post here again once I'm done or have any problem.

Thanks!

nazzina

Form is loading...