Recent Topics

1 Jun 24, 2004 12:48    

okay guys, I'm upgrading to oslo, (?the newest one anyway)

I've backed up, deleted, etc before install, following instructions.
I did the install....it OKed everything that has OKed from :
checking DB schema version 8030
... to
upgrading settings table. But then I got stopped by this error message...

It appears that the following blog stub names are used more than once: ['']

I can't upgrade until you make them unique. DB field: [evo_blogs.blog_stub]

AND I fixed the db entries, but now how to I carry on?

Which tables to delete to restart install and where are they? in my main b2evo db or somewhere else.

yours, thickly and in a terrible panic, vit
:roll:

2 Jun 24, 2004 14:30

Restore your database, and go back to your previous version. All of your stub file names need to be unique (even if it's just for the upgrade). You can change them back once the upgrade if complete.

3 Jun 24, 2004 15:00

thanks graham....

but now this is the prob...
I sorted out that duplicated record.

then because it had stalled the install, there were various tables that had been created or amended that then stopped the install from continuing.

so finally, I deleted the all the contents of the db, no tables no data. restored the backup db to there. run the install again and it stalls again, because it says there alreay is "antispam" table (etc.)

(I did previiously go through al the error messages, deleting and amending stuff manually, but gave up and just deleted since I had to rerun and rerun and rerunthe install, deleting everytime.)

What the HELL am I doing wrong, I am going crazy here.

4 Jun 24, 2004 15:19

You have a complete dump of your database, including the structure and data, right?

If not, then it's too late I'm afraid...

If you do, delete everything in the database, just leaving your b2evolution database empty. Then upload your old database, and get your old installation working, and follow the process I detailled above, reamaing your stubs to something unique in the backoffice.

Then try to upgrade.

5 Jun 24, 2004 15:52

but that's what I've done. :
emptied the db of everything,
restored my presinstallation backup of database from my desktop PC up to my server.
then re run the install, still getting this message

MySQL error!

Table 'evo_antispam' already exists(Errno=1050)

Your query:
CREATE TABLE evo_antispam ( aspm_ID bigint(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, aspm_string varchar(80) NOT NULL, aspm_source enum( 'local','reported','central' ) NOT NULL default 'reported', PRIMARY KEY aspm_ID (aspm_ID), UNIQUE aspm_string (aspm_string) )

I am sure this was my backup before I did install, so can you tell me if this that follows looks right, it's the first bit of my backed up sql db seen in "word"

--
-- Table structure for table `evo_antispam`
--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS evo_antispam;
CREATE TABLE evo_antispam (
aspm_ID bigint(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
aspm_string varchar(80) NOT NULL default '',
aspm_source enum('local','reported','central') NOT NULL default 'reported',
PRIMARY KEY (aspm_ID),
UNIQUE KEY aspm_string (aspm_string)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

--
-- Dumping data for table `evo_antispam`
--

OR what if I just dump the whole lot, and do a completely fresh install,
is there any simple way of re placing the db records via b2evo?

6 Jun 24, 2004 17:14

Since you seem pretty familiar with using SQL, try this approach:
1. Restore from the backup.
2. Rename your stub files. (Looks like you're getting this far already.)
3. Log into phpMyAdmin, or just MySQL, and run this command:

drop table evo_antispam

4. Upload and install the 0.9.0.8.

Are you upgrading from a CVS version? Because that's exactly the problem that I often run into doing that, but as CVS is "bleeding-edge" dev, and thus contains a lot of untested things, the upgrades assume that you're going from one "actual" version to another. (In FP's words, "We'll never support that, are you crazy?!?")

If not, what version are you upgrading from?

7 Jun 24, 2004 17:30

The antispam table cannot have been there before if your DB version was 8030 because it only gets added in 8040 !

... unless you played with CVS versions! Have you?

Let me state this again: CVS VERSIONS ARE NOT UPGRADABLE!!!

8 Jun 24, 2004 17:30

hi isaac, hi fran?ois, I didn't do the reload , because at the time was being completely pathetic and couldn't get into my SQL to deal with it and very worried about losing records. then got so far and got extremely lost. graham is helping me out with it now though.
when you don't deal with this stuff every day, you can really get a bit lost. till later, from mrs pathetic.

9 Jun 24, 2004 17:31

Don't worry Isaac, I'm fixing this one - it's personal now!

I'll post what I find wrong, for future reference.

10 Jun 24, 2004 17:40

fran?ois, please don't shout! I may make mistakes but i'm human and i do try to read the manual .. . but i'm not a developer and i don't do php, sql etc every day like you guys do....

so there.
x

11 Jun 24, 2004 17:50

VitWebb wrote:

but i'm not a developer and i don't do php, sql etc every day like you guys do....

then don't use the CVS versions on production, damn it.

I'm just mad because someone reported this on IRC as if there was a critical problem in the upgrade procedure. I hate that kind of fright !

Anyway, I've just put checkpoints into the upgrade path so upgrade would resume naturally after fixing this precise error. This is still not an encouragement to use CVS version on production it you're not 100% sure of what you're doing!

12 Jun 24, 2004 17:57

THEN LET ME SHOUT TOO - I AM NOT USING A CVS ANYTHING, DAMMIT!

i used what i was jolly well given, version 8. something, NOTHING to do with CVS.

13 Jun 24, 2004 18:14

Okay, I'm sorry if you really have been using production releases only.
But this doesn't make sense to me.
I really don't see how you could have had an antispam table if your DB
version was 8030.
What was your previous version? 0.8 dot what ?

14 Jun 24, 2004 18:34

This was a standard fantasico install, and the antispam table only came in after the failled upgrade.

The install failled when there were two blogs with a blank stub file name. There should either be an option to give these an individual name during the install, or some way of going back to how the database was, since the current method isn't very newbie proof...

15 Jun 24, 2004 18:40

Graham.

I understand the initial upgrade problem and as said I've put in checkpints that do make it newbie proof. You edit the names and continue with the install were it stopped.

What I don't understand is why there would be an antispam table in the previous backup.

16 Jun 24, 2004 18:44

I don't know why she said that, the backup she provided for me was a plain old 0.8.6.2...

17 Jun 24, 2004 19:21

Ah, I see...

What I don't understand is why there would be an antispam table in the previous backup.

There wasn't. It was put there by the first install, that failed on the duplicate stub names.

the antispam table only came in after the failled upgrade.

VitWebb, don't worry. We'll make it all work. Graham knows his stuff. And you have a backup, anyway, so there's always that safety net. You'll be up to 0.9.0.8 soon, with all your posts intact.

Let's try to avoid starting a flamewar here, please. No reason to get upset. We all want the same thing. :)

18 Jun 24, 2004 19:39

thanks fellahs.

I did a couple of db backups, but i dunno, must have got something mixed in. but really, once it had gone wrong with the stub prob, there was no way back for lil ol' me. anyway, graham is my hero and has fixed it all

thanks.

19 Jul 09, 2004 11:52

I have the exact same problems detailed in this post when I upgraded from 8.6.2
I had the error about the duplicate stub, but now only get the msg Table 'evo_antispam' already exists(Errno=1050)

I've went back to my backup DB and tried again but got the same msg about duplicate stub again. Every time I try to 'upgrade' the DB after that I get the antispam table exists.

I have not found any reference in the forum or the upgrade manual about how to delete duplicate stubs. I have not had any CVS versions installed.

I am not a sql admin nor do I fully understand php yet, but any assistance would be appreciated.

20 Jul 09, 2004 14:35

Re-upload your 0.8.6.2 files, and restore your backup database. Then go into the blogs admin area, and change each stub file name to something unique (1.php, 2.php ect ect), then do the normal upgrade process. Then you can change the stubs back to the right file name once the upgrade is complete.

21 Jul 14, 2004 06:37

Yo dudes!
I'm wondering if there is any way to have two blog stubs with the same name? I had two named index.php when I was using 0.8.9, but now when I have upgraded to 0.9.10 it keeps on bitching about unique stubs!!

I'm having my two blogs in different folder URLs, and i want to be able to reach the blog by just writing the URL (fyrkant.net/yta to come to one, and fyrkant.net/omkrets to come to the other).

Form is loading...