Recent Topics

1 Jul 27, 2008 17:20    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,
I'm still figuring out a lot of this blogging lifestyle. I have a question about statistics. I use both Google Analytics and the built in Stats page. According to Google, GA doesn't pick up most RSS hits as most readers don't run java scripts. So to get to the point, when talking to advertisers et al, what set of Analytics is best to use? Or is there another application that is better?

thanks

Henr H.

2 Jul 27, 2008 17:21

oh, I'm using 2.4.1.

3 Jul 28, 2008 12:40

AFAIK Feedburner offer stats based on your RSS hits.

¥

4 Jul 28, 2008 16:50

Thanks Yabba. In your experience, are RSS hits even that relative to advertisers since on most readers the ads don't show up?

5 Jul 29, 2008 00:28

In my experience I've never had to worry about advertisers ... barring some google ads ( with someone else's ad code ) which are only shown to visitors from search engines ( and any site that's to do with myspace ) my sites are ad free ;)

¥

6 Jul 29, 2008 02:13

Thanks YaBBa. anyone else out there want to weigh in? I'd appreciate the education.

7 Jul 30, 2008 00:31

I too don't bother with ads, but you can try to convert feed hits to actual traffic by not giving the full content in the feed. Like, you can use "read more" and have your feed stop at the read more link. Or you can select the feed option that will give you an extra field when you post that becomes the feed text. So like you post your thing and your feed says "new stuff - come see my ads" but the post never actually says that.

Form is loading...