Recent Topics

1 Jul 30, 2008 08:59    

My b2evolution Version:

I have read, via search, how to make it hard for spammers to reach me via email via the blog.

Well... I hesitate to ask this, but I would like to remove the Contact link from the blog. Just a hobby site, so I don't need anyone to contact me.

I did a search of the php files, and I think I found it, but it doesn't appear to be the 'Contact' link used by the skin.

Sometimes I am too verbose.

How do I remove any email/email contact form visible to a viewer of my blog?

I can use a text editor, I'm just not sure which files to edit.

Thank you.

2 Jul 30, 2008 10:02

You don't say which version you're running, so I'll assume you have some 2.4.x.

Somewhere in your skin main file skins/skinname/index.main.php you should have something like this:

<?php
				// Display a link to contact the owner of this blog (if owner accepts messages):
				$Blog->contact_link( array(
						'before'      => '',
						'after'       => '',
						'text'   => T_('Contact'),
						'title'  => T_('Send a message to the owner of this blog...'),
					) );
			?>

Remove it and that's it.

3 Jul 30, 2008 16:16

thank you.

version is in my subject line. I'll put it both in subject and post body next time. Thanks.

4 Jul 30, 2008 16:39

I think it is also an option you can uncheck on your user profile page. Like, "allow contacts" gets unchecked and then the code won't make a link for contacting you.

I think! Not really sure, but if I'm right then you don't have to worry about it coming back if/when you change skins.

5 Jul 30, 2008 18:36

I think I do have that set.

But I noticed that in some skins index.main.php doesn't have the 'contact_link' code in it.

6 Jul 30, 2008 23:24

Blueweekend wrote:

I think I do have that set.

But I noticed that in some skins index.main.php doesn't have the 'contact_link' code in it.

those have it in the ...footer.php posibbly

Form is loading...