Recent Topics

1 Jul 31, 2008 21:55    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.x

Just set up b2e.

Have run into a few things that aren't making sense to me.

Once I add a user (as a blogger) shouldn't they be able to create a new blog for themselves ? If not, that means the admin must create all new Blogs ????

If it is up to the admin...
I'm not seeing any way in the admin interface to associate a blog to be accessible by a particular blogger ???

Also, whenever anybody attempts to log in (admin included), the login screen updates, and then displays the message:
"The Login Window has expired"
"You are already logged in as " whoever you tried to login as " Continue>>"

If you click on the Continue, the user is logged in just fine.

Thanks in advance

2 Jul 31, 2008 21:59

Ok, figured out the user association to blog.

But this all has to be done by the admin only ????

3 Aug 01, 2008 00:01

hellfyr wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.x

Just set up b2e.

Have run into a few things that aren't making sense to me.

Once I add a user (as a blogger) shouldn't they be able to create a new blog for themselves ? If not, that means the admin must create all new Blogs ????

No they are not allowed to create blogs, yes it can be created by admin, but there is also a plugin doing it automatically upon registration..

If it is up to the admin...
I'm not seeing any way in the admin interface to associate a blog to be accessible by a particular blogger ???

If you wil ldo it manually, go to Blog settings select the blog you want and type in the login for the user u want in the "owner" field

Also, whenever anybody attempts to log in (admin included), the login screen updates, and then displays the message:
"The Login Window has expired"
"You are already logged in as " whoever you tried to login as " Continue>>"

sounds like a cookie problem.. open up your ../conf/advanced.php and change

instance name = b2evo

to sth new and unique..

If you click on the Continue, the user is logged in just fine.

Thanks in advance

4 Aug 01, 2008 14:20

If you want user to create blogs automatically when they register, take a look at the UserBlog plugins. It's somewhere around here, use the search Luke, the search.

Form is loading...