Recent Topics

1 Aug 01, 2008 04:12    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

Hi, I'm receiving an error when clicking 'save' on my wife's blog. I just installed it a few days ago and it worked fine for like 3 days. This morning it started producing the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/3281/domains/modbewomensmodernmodestclothing.com/html/inc/items/model/_itemlight.class.php on line 213

Ok, here's the thing, it takes the user to the error page, but I found out that all the 'test' postings I sent were posted on the blog, so it's still posting them, it just dead ends at the error page.

I replied with a question in another thread and was asked to start a new thread.

EdB wrote:

Oh and some helpful information will be stuff like what version of b2evolution you're running,

Version 2.4.2

EdB wrote:

have you had this problem since immediately right away or did it start after some sort of change you made?

No, it worked fine for a few days. I didn't change anything immediately prior to this problem.

EdB wrote:

Did you change skins or add plugins or do any creative editing on any files?

I'm trying to learn about the coding etc, so I was playing around with different features, but I only messed within the guidelines in the notes on the pages, and I didn't do anything as far as function, just visual effects so far as I know.

EdB wrote:

Also what kind of server your host is (windows or something reliable),

I'm not sure the answer to this question.

EdB wrote:

and maybe stuff like php version on your server too.

MySQL 4.1.11

EdB wrote:

By the way a link to your blog will probably be way helpful too.

http://modbewomensmodernmodestclothing.com

This is what is at the error line:
case 'chapters':
$permalink = url_add_tail( $blogurl, '/'.$this->main_Chapter->get_url_path().$urltail );
break;

Thanks in advance for your time!

Josh

2 Aug 01, 2008 07:39

Okay so maybe this won't be so hard. Especially since it was working then it stopped working. First order of business would be to undo that which was done right before the problem cropped up - even it if is something as simple as changing settings in your back office. In the other thread Afwas wrote:

What is your setting in Dashboard -> Blog settings -> URLs -> Single post URLs? Is it 'Use extra-path: category path e-g: http://www.dev.hemminga.net/cat/subcat/post-title' If so, change to something else - that will probably fix the bug.
Please report back, I'm unable to reproduce the bug.

Good luck

Hopefully some of the stuff you tinkered with was on your URL settings subtab as that would align with the advice from Afwas. Afwas is smart. So I'd bet ¥åßßå's last dollar/euro/yen/testicle on it being the answer.

3 Aug 01, 2008 17:21

EdB wrote:

I'd bet ¥åßßå's last dollar/euro/yen/testicle on it being the answer.

Someone needs to pay up! :-)

Afwas wrote:

that will probably fix the bug. Please report back, I'm unable to reproduce the bug.

Yes, it appears to have fixed it.

Thanks for the help guys! I've read a lot of the replies on this forum, and I have to say that I'm impressed by the unbiased help you offer!

Form is loading...