Recent Topics

1 Aug 07, 2008 02:06    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

I'm receiving this warning during installation. Any help is appreciated.

Kurt

How do you want to install b2evolution?

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/kurtku5/public_html/blogs/inc/_core/model/db/_db.class.php on line 731

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/kurtku5/public_html/blogs/inc/_core/model/db/_db.class.php on line 731

The installation can be done in different ways. Choose one:

New Install: Install b2evolution database tables.

Also install sample blogs & sample contents. The sample posts explain several features of b2evolution. This is highly recommended for new users.

Upgrade from a previous version of b2evolution: Upgrade your b2evolution database tables in order to make them compatible with the current version. WARNING: If you have modified your database, this operation may fail. Make sure you have a backup.

2 Aug 07, 2008 13:52

hi and welcome to forums Kurt
sounds like your sth went wrong with ur sql for a moment but doesnt seem like a big problem, as the mentioned lines seem like debug lines..i am not sure though..it might be a corrupt d/upload too.. i d advise you to grab a new archive and retry a brand new install, there's a good chance that everything d be fine this time, if the problem persists report back to the topic, we ll look further into that, good luck

3 Sep 23, 2008 23:40

i have the same problem , please help me :(

4 Sep 24, 2008 01:01

I think there is an error in the configuration of the database. Please check in /conf/_basic_config if you set the databse name, location username and password correctly.
Next edit lines 730-736 in the file mentioned to:

// If there is an error then take note of it..
		if( mysql_error($this->dbhandle) )
		{
			@mysql_free_result($this->result);
			$this->print_error( '', '', $title );
            pre_dump($this->dbhandle); // <- add this line
			return false;
		}

which may lead to a valuable clue.

Please report back to this topic.

Good luck

5 Sep 25, 2008 01:10

it's ok , i have "manualy" edited my configuration file , i have uploaded it on my server and it work :)

6 Oct 12, 2008 10:46

Even same problem I'm facing...Infact I tried editing/adding said line pre_dump($this->dbhandle); to _db.class.php problem still persists

It halts error with the same error which was posted/orginally

Form is loading...