Recent Topics

1 Aug 19, 2008 17:14    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello
I am new to blogging, so while I developed my site I had a plain html "placeholder" on the main url and put my b2evolution blog at an extension.

The main site is www.tennisvagabond.com
The extension, where I put the blog was www.tennisvagabond.com/BO

I had several blogs, so they were listed like /BO/blog1, etc.

Now I want to launch the blog. So I went into my website backoffice and copied all the files in my b2evolution folder (under BO) to the main level, and deleted the old index.html.

Now the HOME blog is there (at www.tennisvagabond.com) but when I link to the others, they are still based on the extension. How can I change these settings to get rid of the extension?

thanks
David

3 Aug 19, 2008 18:00

Sorry, and awesome!
That worked great.

How about changing the sub blog urls from /blog1, etc to having meaningful names? When I tried doing this in the blog settings I seem to miss some changes as I get bad filepaths.

4 Aug 19, 2008 18:09

SalG wrote:

Sorry, and awesome!
That worked great.

How about changing the sub blog urls from /blog1, etc to having meaningful names? When I tried doing this in the blog settings I seem to miss some changes as I get bad filepaths.

thats easier.. go to admin > blog settings > url

set Blog base URL:
Relative to baseurl

change blog1.php to somethingthatmakessense.php and rename the blog1.php in your ftp root folder to somethingthatmakessense.php correspondingly .. thats it

5 Aug 19, 2008 18:20

Awesome! Thanks again!

I'm so grateful for this forum, if I didn't have this resource I would be absolutely doomed.

Form is loading...