Recent Topics

1 Aug 22, 2008 11:09    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

When uploading files to my blog i get error :

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/vision/domains/alteredvision.nl/public_html/media/users/admin//Schema SK 3385500.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/vision/domains/alteredvision.nl/public_html/inc/files/upload.ctrl.php on line 334

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/php7RslmQ' to '/home/vision/domains/alteredvision.nl/public_html/media/users/admin//Schema SK 3385500.jpg' in /home/vision/domains/alteredvision.nl/public_html/inc/files/upload.ctrl.php on line 334

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vision/domains/alteredvision.nl/public_html/inc/files/upload.ctrl.php:334) in /home/vision/domains/alteredvision.nl/public_html/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 133

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vision/domains/alteredvision.nl/public_html/inc/files/upload.ctrl.php:334) in /home/vision/domains/alteredvision.nl/public_html/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 136

How can i eslove this to be able to place pictures on my blog....

thnx

2 Aug 22, 2008 15:49

jaxc,

Your webserver likely doesn't have write permissions to the folder where the images are being uploaded to. Check the permissions to make sure that the user that the webserver runs as has write permissions to that folder.

3 Aug 22, 2008 16:46

all folders have 777 permissions set ;) so thats not the problem :(

4 Aug 22, 2008 16:52

ALL folders at 777? Methinks the only ones that should be 777 are /media/ and /media/blogs/ and /media/users/. The folders it creates for each blog and user should be ... whatever it makes them.

BTW something I learned about the hard way you might want to look into early is getting your host to install SuPHP. It removes the need to chmod any folder to 777 because it does something magical about who is the owner of folders, resulting in I don't chmod folders, and file manager can make folders and upload files, and I can upload or download or delete via FTP and still have file manager work well.

hmmm... I see where your file name has spaces in it. I know that is technically legal but perhaps if you rename it to Schema_SK_3385500.jpg and try again you'll get lucky?

5 Aug 22, 2008 16:53

I recently found out that safe mode can cause this error as well

¥

6 Aug 24, 2008 09:00

Ok uploading files now works (by FTP) :), but now i want to add a picture in my blog but the thumbnail says :

evocache folder read/write error! Check filesystem permissions.

Now how can i solve this?? Filesystem is set correct for the .jpg files??

thnx

7 Sep 18, 2008 08:52

I'm having a similar problem, and it's odd because I've uploaded files before with no problem.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/craigtpe/public_html/blog/media/blogs/blog/late1.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/craigtpe/public_html/blog/inc/files/upload.ctrl.php on line 334

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpgP3AGN' to '/home/craigtpe/public_html/blog/media/blogs/blog/late1.jpg' in /home/craigtpe/public_html/blog/inc/files/upload.ctrl.php on line 334

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/craigtpe/public_html/blog/inc/files/upload.ctrl.php:334) in /home/craigtpe/public_html/blog/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 133

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/craigtpe/public_html/blog/inc/files/upload.ctrl.php:334) in /home/craigtpe/public_html/blog/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 136

HELP!

8 Sep 18, 2008 18:08

If it worked before and stopped working then I'd be asking 2 questions

1) what did I change just before it stopped working
2) what did my host change just before it stopped working

One of those will involve some deep thought, the other will involve an email to your host ;)

¥

9 Sep 18, 2008 22:32

1) what did I change just before it stopped working

Trust me, I went over and over this. I went through every page of the administration index trying to figure that out. I tried resetting to default and nothing worked.

2) what did my host change just before it stopped working

I'm checking that too. Their tech support has been working on it since yesterday.

10 Sep 18, 2008 22:53

Problem resolved.

The web host tech support did something that fixed the problem. I have no idea what they did, but it must have been some setting on their end and not with the software because I didn't have to give them any password to the blog to peek around inside.

Form is loading...