Recent Topics

1 Aug 26, 2008 17:11    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hello
I am launching an audio podcast that will be supplemented by 2 text blogs and some videos. How do I separate the rss feed so that someone can subscribe just to the audio podcast, or have the option of subscribing to just a text blog for example?

thanks!

2 Aug 26, 2008 23:24

Use different blogs for the ways you want to separate your feeds.

3 Aug 27, 2008 00:16

Thanks for that and all your previous help. I am finally trying to actually load files and see if I can get the rss feed working for my podcast.
Do you know how I check my rss tags, or channel information?

4 Aug 27, 2008 01:38

I tried putting the feed for one of my blogs (the podcast) into podcast alley, and got this error message:

Validating feed at "http://tennisvagabond.com/home.php?tempskin=_rss2"...

Critical Errors :

CRITICAL Channel doesn't contain any enclosures (code: 2000)
Warnings :

WARNING Encoding in XML DTD should be"UTF-8" (data: Line 1 ) (code: 5001)
WARNING Channel has missing or invalid itunes:owner tag. (code: 6610)
WARNING Channel has missing or invalid itunes:keywords tag. (code: 6580)
WARNING Channel has missing or invalid itunes:explicit tag. Assuming explicit="yes". (code: 6590)
WARNING Channel has missing or invalid itunes:subtitle tag. (code: 6600)
WARNING Channel has missing or invalid itunes:summary tag. (code: 6520)
WARNING Channel has missing or invalid itunes:category tag. Please use the itunes:category format rather than the older <category> tags format. (code: 6570)
WARNING Channel category blank after falling back to older <category> tag format. Assuming "General". To change this, claim and edit your feed after submission. (code: 6020)
WARNING Channel has missing or invalid itunes:link tag after attempting fallback from failed itunes:image. Please use the itunes:image format and not the older itunes:link or <image> tags. (code: 6550)
WARNING Channel has missing or invalid image tag after attempting fallback from failed itunes:link formatted image. (code: 6130)
WARNING Item with missing or invalid opening and closing <itunes:author> tags (data: Item number 1 titled "First Episode of the Continuing Adventures of Bacon O'Rourke! Huzzah!", Item number 2 titled "THE PODCAST: COMING SOON") (code: 6500)
Summary: Your podcast contains fatal errors. Unfortunately, we cannot accept your submission until they are corrected.

Any clues how I deal with this?

thanks.

5 Aug 27, 2008 01:50

You'll have to hack /skins/_rss2/_main.inc.php and add the tags. Can you find a DTD (description of how the XML should look) or a sample of a feed that does get accepted?

Good luck

6 Aug 27, 2008 22:44

Wow, I'm totally flumoxed.

I figured that changing all that rss stuff would be over my head, so I tried putting the feed through feedburner. Which gave me a working feedburner feed- except that feed won't validate or work anywhere else!

I couldn't get any response from Podcast Alley what was tbe matter.

If I have to change my rss2 file, and basically force tags that it is supposed to pull, won't that mean that I'll have the same tags (like title, etc) for each of my several blogs?

Has anyone else had problems getting their b2evolution rss feeds to validate?

thanks

Form is loading...