Recent Topics

1 Aug 27, 2008 08:01    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi all,

Got the following problem:
I moved my blog directory to another location (under an other domain name; drop n drag using FileZilla).
I updated the _basic_config.php file to the new baseUrl. So my blog text & skin appear. But none of my pics do.

I've checked the directories and found that the standard blog setting were: "culturematters.com/cultureblog/media/new/"
Checkin with FileZilla, I found that the actual directory was: "culturematters.com/cultureblog/media/blogs/new/"

So I first tried to change the media directory location through the admin of my blog to that actual location. This failed, giving me the messag "this is not a valid directory name"
So then I moved the whole "new" directory to where my blog thought it should be (culturematters.com/cultureblog/media/new). The moving worked, but my pics still do not display.

I don't know what to do anymore.

I've checked the basicconfig.php file and that looks good (no typo's etc)
I've made sure the media directory has file attributes 777, also the directory "new" has 777
I use v2.4.2 of b2evolution.

my url is: www.culturematters.com/cultureblog

hope someone can help!
thx
Chris

2 Aug 27, 2008 08:09

Hi chrissmit,

You should give the path of the media directory, not the url. THe path looks like /home/chrissmit/public_html/cultureblog/media/new/ (where chrissmit may be something else like culturematters).
Secondly in your third alinea you point to the wrong folder. You should move the images to /media/blogs/new/. I am even expecting everything to work if you do that.
So do check everything again and again ;)

I am wondering how this did work on your old server. So there may be some setting that you overlooked.

Good luck

3 Aug 27, 2008 09:02

Hi Afwas, and hi All,

Followed Afwas's suggestion:
Moved my pic's directory back to its original location (/cultureblog/media/blogs/new).
Checked everything again, but no luck.

my pics just do not appear.

what to do? :?:

4 Aug 27, 2008 09:08

Further to my last post:
If I look in the advanced settings of my blog, the option "Default location" is checked for the media directory. In my case this reads: "/cultureblog/media/new/"

While, when I check with FileZilla, the location is: /cultureblog/media/new/blogs/new

For me, there seems to be something wrong there. But when I want to change the directory, and give the specific location, I get an error: "Media dir location: «blogs/» is not a valid directory name."
This "blogs" I just add (without the /) in the available field in advanced settings...

Still need more help!
Chris

5 Aug 27, 2008 09:17

Even further to my last last post,

just found the following:
When you go to www.culturematters.com/cultureblog , and get the properties of that missing pic, you see the following location: "http://businessandculture.org/cultureblog/media/blogs/new/bushbeijing.jpg"

As you can see the url reads businessandculture.org/etc...
This was my [u]old [/u]location. How come this is not updated when I moved my cultureblog directory to culturematters.com ?
How come the settings in my blog indicate the right website url, but this does not translate into displaying my pictures?

thx all!
Chris

6 Aug 27, 2008 10:28

Hi All,

one more note (out of desparation), and then I'm out...

I just made a backup of my MySQL database, downloaded it, and scanned through it using notepad.
In the database there are references everywhere to the old url (businessandculture.org/cultureblog/etc...)

So somehow, after moving my cultureblog directory with FTP, the database still points to the old location...

anyway, I'm off.

Thanks all,
Chris

7 Aug 27, 2008 11:45

Your image urls ( in posts ) are stored in the database as absolute urls, you need to run an sql to update all old urls to new urls

¥

8 Aug 27, 2008 19:55

Hi Whoo,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell how I "run an SQL"?

I've got no idea how to do that! :roll:

thx
Chris

9 Aug 27, 2008 21:46

Hi all,

further to my last post:

Would it work if I'd do the following: :idea:
Export/backup/download my current cultureblog.sql database.
Open it with Notepad
Find/replace everything "businessandculture.org" with "culturematters.com"
Save the whole thing
Upload/restore the "revised" cultureblog.sql file as my "new" 2bevo database?

Thx
Chris

10 Aug 27, 2008 21:56

Yes that would work probably. There is an SQL query somewhere in the forums but I couldn't find that. In the FAQ in these forums is a psot about backing up your database. If you look at the first image you see the tab 'Query'. That's where you can enter an SQL query. Giveme some time to rethink this query if your idea with the texteditor doesn't work.
You may want to change in culturematters.com/media/blogs/new/ for compatibility issues.

Good luck

11 Aug 27, 2008 22:08

Hi Afwas,

That did not work: Importing the database again. Below is a snippit of the errors I got:
Server Replied: ERROR 1064 (42000)
at line 1: You have
an error in your SQL
syntax; check the
manual that
corresponds to your
MySQL server version
for the right syntax
to use near '
/*!40103 SET
@OLD_TIME_ZONE=@@TIME_ZONE
*/' at line 1
ERROR 1050 (42S01)
at line 17: Table
'evo_antispam'
already exists
ERROR 1062 (23000)
at line 29:
Duplicate entry '1'
for key 1
ERROR 1062 (23000)
at line 30:
Duplicate entry '2'
for key 1

Not sure what to do next.

Chris

12 Aug 27, 2008 22:31

Just created a new database, and tried to import the "revised" backup.
got the following errors:
2008-08-27 20:08:51 FAIL
cultureblogcm /cultureblognew.sql
Server Replied: ERROR 1064 (42000)
at line 1: You have
an error in your SQL
syntax; check the
manual that
corresponds to your
MySQL server version
for the right syntax
to use near '
/*!40103 SET
@OLD_TIME_ZONE=@@TIME_ZONE
*/' at line 1
ERROR 1062 (23000)
at line 96:
Duplicate entry
'culturematters.com'
for key 2
ERROR 1298 (HY000)
at line 6718:
Unknown or incorrect
time zone: 'NULL'

Weird stuff.
I wonder what good a backup is if importing it does not work...

Chris

13 Aug 28, 2008 02:48

Hi Chris,

I've got some good news because I found the post with the MySQL query. See [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=13593][1.9.x] Moving an entire blog from Domain A to Domain B?[/url] with exactly your problem plus the solution. Simply make a backup of your database,read the complete posting and you will find the solution in the last message.
However in B2evolution v 2.4.2 the posts are moved to another location. The query now looks like

UPDATE evo_items__item SET post_content = replace(post_content,"olddomain.com/media","newdomain.com/media");

Simply don't forget to make a backup first. And than another backup and just to be sure, do make a backup and email it to a family member or close friend.
You could import the backup to a different location and try the query there. Just to be sure. But in general you shouldn't be to concerned running a query on your database. That is if you have a backup.

Did i mention you should make a backup before you run a query?

Good luck

14 Aug 28, 2008 04:14

Afwas wrote:

Hi Chris,

Simply don't forget to make a backup first.
than another backup and just to be sure,
do make a backup and email it to
backup to ..
.. if you have a backup.
backup.
backup..
backup!
Did i mention you should make a backup before you run a query?

As you can see this guy knows what he is talking about and if he repeats a word that often i can ensure you that he knows sth (: do backup everything..it's a nice thing..-this is not just for you for everyone not having scheduled backups (:- like insurance, you pay little by little to get your loss back in case of a problem, but this time the thing you are going to lose would be 'time' instead, and your patience continuously (:

15 Aug 28, 2008 09:31

Hi Afwas & all,

Thanks for the help so far.
A few more questions before I hit ENTER...
Does it make a difference at what "level" in the SQL database I click on the sql icon (which makes an other window appear).
I presume I just copy & paste your query/code (from Afwas) into that popped up window.

Last but not least, I'm still weary. I've got 3 backups of my database. But yesterday I tried to restore one backedup version, but that failed. I then created a whole new database to restore a backup in there, that also failed.
In case I really screw it up, my faith in restoring is very little... :(

But my faith in this forum is enormeous! :D

If possible, and I really would appreciate this, could someone address both my concerns?

Thanks all!
Chris

16 Aug 28, 2008 09:34

BTW,
I've moved everything back to its original location. So anyone having a look will find all looks ok. But I still want to move the blog to its new location.

Form is loading...