Recent Topics

1 Aug 30, 2008 01:40    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

First let me say that I have been a happy user of b2evolution and although I am a luddite I have found this to be a snap to work with.

Originally I installed by blog using fantastico delux. I recently received a notice asking me to upgrade to 2.4.2.

Using the upgrade option I was told that the upgrade was a success. However, I receive this message when I try to look at my blog page.

An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:
Requested Skin does not exist!

What can I do to fix the issue? I thought about restoring the database but I am a bit overwhelmed by the prospect of tinkering with this too much.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

by the way the web site is located at :

http://rospro.com/blog/

Thanks,

Jason

3 Aug 30, 2008 02:08

Thanks for the quick response. I am grateful.

How would I go about installing a compatible template? I can download the zip file. But where would I install it?

Thanks again!

Jason

4 Aug 30, 2008 06:09

Hi, goto the Admin section of your blog and select -> Global Settings -> Skin Install and you woll see a link to "install new"

5 Aug 30, 2008 11:30

Thanks so much for all of your help.

My blog is alive and well thanks to your help.

Very greatly appreciated!!!!!! :D

6 Feb 09, 2012 19:44

I am hoping someone out there will see this...

I have the same problem as that described in this thread. I used Fantastico to upgrade my b2evolution version. It said it installed fine, but I get the same error:

An unexpected error has occurred!
If this error persists, please report it to the administrator.
Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:
Requested Skin does not exist!

My problem is that when I try to enter the administrator I get a server error with the following additional information:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

As such, I can't switch the skin. I also have the no skins option set in the _main.php but obviously that doesn't seem to matter.

I am willing to wipe out this installation of b2evo and start over again with a fresh installation but I need to figure out how to retrieve the data that was posted before I do that.

If anyone out there can help me, I would very much appreciate it.

7 Feb 09, 2012 20:13

I am willing to wipe out this installation of b2evo and start over again with a fresh installation but I need to figure out how to retrieve the data that was posted before I do that.

That's the best thing you can do. Fantastico and other automatic installers are lame, they can permanently damage your app.

Anyway, this is what you can do
- go to hosting control panel
- create a new database
- open phpmyadmin, locate the old b2evolution database and copy it to the newly created one. Make sure you uncheck "create target database" setting
- save your custom skins, plugins and the whole /media directory from the old installation.
- upload files from the latest stable version 4.1.2 to your server
- open b2evo installer and point it to the newly created database, then select "Upgrade"
- transfer your custom skins and plugins to the new system

Once everything is working you can delete fantastico crap altogether old files and the database

8 Feb 09, 2012 21:56

Thanks so much for your very quick reply.

I have copied over the database, downloaded the latest stable b2evo package and followed the installation instructions for b2evolution. However, when I try to execute the install file I just get a blank screen in my browser. (I copied all the files onto my server under a folder called "inspiration" and typed www.mysite.com/inspiration/blogs/install/index.php.

I've also tried omitting the index.php and tried moving the blog files to the site's root directory with the same results.

Is there any other way to get the install going?

Thanks!

Form is loading...